logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I feel sorry for you. In my country, ranting children are the minority, as most (notice I did not say all) parents are very aware of discipline for their children. Just as some adults have problems with their behavior, kids do too.

I always wanted to visit Australia but you have me worried if there are so many "out of control" kids and unconcerned parents there. The percentage here is much, much less than you seem to indicate in your country. Too bad Australia has such a problem with breeders, or perhaps you just make a mountain out of a molehill?

Trish

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Shark
Shark
M
Hi, I do not want anyone to feel badly. I agree with the point that unless you are carrying around a healthy dose of self-possession, moms feel a lot of insecurity and guilt and worry. I also feel society is in a bad place right now. Although there are surely moments, generally I don't believe parents are intentionally being bad parents. It is a tough time to parent and not getting any easier. I think you have to walk a mile in "that moms" shoes to know why things are the way they appear at any given time. Depression and "social" illnesses are taking away peoples ability to act and be in the present. And there are moms who feel their kids should express themselves freely, even in public. Most of us are not that way so you really shouldn't encounter that situation often. If you are, maybe it's karma.

M
Shark
Shark
M
Judith, I love that picture!

C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
Lol....Let me assure you that your country has its fair share of out of control kids...More so than here Australia I think.We dont have to have special police in our schools and we dont have gun detectors...It is so sad what is happening to society in your country and mine aswell to a degree.
I think America has its fair share of "bad parents" look at how your societys values are breaking down...Speaks for itself dont you think. I am not saying We aussies dont have a problem because we do but I think its alot lesser of a problem you guys have and I really do feel for you - its a terrible problem and one I cant see getting better any time soon.

C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
Express themselves freeley in public?

Of course but only if they are well behaved dont you think?

Common courtessy and respect for elders should prevail but sadly some of todays children dont have many values instilled in them.

It is not their fault it is their parents fault for not lovingley guiding them and instilling these values in them.

C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
If I encounter a situation where a child is behaving badley with an adult present do you honestley think it is Karma?
You are not serious sureley?

The Karma the parent will recieve as a result of poor parenting pales into insignificance to the Karma I was getting for simply being in the pressence of bratty children and their "parents"

I honestley feel sorry for these parents because they are the ones who will be on the recieving end one day of "bad Karma"

M
Shark
Shark
M
If I understand the Bible quote properly, "The sins of the fathers shall fall onto the sons." Than we are born with bad karma and given the very nature of the beast, it's impossible to feel overly confident about being a "good parent", the deck is just stacked against you. You can be a good person and try your best. I agree whole heartedly there is something going wrong. As in every generation before, something gets missed, lost, or overlooked, or is just to big to see. I think it's a deeper element and linked to society change, I don't think poor parenting is creating the change. Just possibly a lot of poor attitudes.

C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
Quote:
If I understand the Bible quote properly, "The sins of the fathers shall fall onto the sons." Than we are born with bad karma and given the very nature of the beast, it's impossible to feel overly confident about being a "good parent", the deck is just stacked against you. You can be a good person and try your best. I agree whole heartedly there is something going wrong. As in every generation before, something gets missed, lost, or overlooked, or is just to big to see. I think it's a deeper element and linked to society change, I don't think poor parenting is creating the change. Just possibly a lot of poor attitudes.

What has any of this got to do with the bible?

I disagree that poor parenting is not a major contributing factor to the downfall of society - you say possibly a lot of poor attitudes but where does a bad attitude come from in the first place? From poor parenting....

I respect your opinion on this.YOu are entitled to say whatever you want but I will have to agree to disagree with you on this one but thankyou for your input anyway.

M
Shark
Shark
M
Yes poorly raised kids create a flat note in the tone of society. But I see the chicken/egg adage.

Which came first the poor attitude or the poor parent.

Can ya see it freespirit? Bye!

C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
Yes I can see it but I dont think you do. Ciaw!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.