logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#23966 06/18/02 08:15 PM
OP Offline
I think you bring up a great distinction. If you look at a naked statue done back in Roman times, you're not thinking about sex really. You're looking at the amazing ability of the sculptor to recreate the human form. But if you look at a Playboy photo of a woman in tight leather with a whip, it was obviously put together with the sole intention of arousing somebody. There's a big difference. But that difference is partially in *your mind* because of how you were raised - that a naked body is not INNATELY a bad thing.

I think it would be really sad if we had to avoid completely the human body just because humans are capable of having sex. Humans are capable of *lots* of things. Just because a beautiful flower could be used to poison someone doesn't mean we can't appreciate the beauty of the flower. Life is way too short to avoid looking at works of beauty because some segment of the population gets "other ideas" when they see them.

Young men I know that are raised to think "nakedness is normal" don't look at a Roman statue with lustful thoughts. It's a statue of something normal! If a boy is raised in an environment that any sight of skin is "forbidden" and therefore is aroused by a Roman statue, isn't that more a condemnation of the way he was raised than the statue itself?

P. Pureheart
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#23967 12/07/02 03:52 PM
Hi! Who says kids can't see nude art?
My sister is 14, I'm 13, and we're home schooled. Often on "field trips" we go to museums and there is a lot of nude art there to see. It's no biggy, mom talks about the painting style, or the sculpters use of material, not if it's right or wrong to show nudity in the museum.As for books that show how to draw the human body, I've seen lots of them at the library. Again, it's no biggy.

#23968 12/08/02 01:23 PM
if you are very secrative about nudeity (and to a lesser extent) too open about nudity early on it will only polerize them later on!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.