Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#237908 03/20/06 01:35 AM
K
kiya Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I am 25 and engaged i just lost my second pregnancy the 1st time was 3 years ago I was 21 weeks and ecstatic about becoming a mother but my body was now I was constantly in and out the hopsital and was diagnosed with hyperemesis and and was miserabel physically but my emotional joy seemed to overshadow that but unforutantely I have an incomptent cervix and went in to labor and the baby did not survive. Recently i found out I was preagant again but lost that baby on 2/24/2006 and I just have not been able to let it go and to top it off I am still having complications from the miscarriage. It was so sudden that i am still in shock. It like everybody just wants me to go back to life as ussual. but it is very hard not only am i dealing with the loss of another child but also the possiblity of not being able to have childern at all. I feel like I don't know how to move on. I also feel no one understands how i feel all of my friends have childern and so does my fiancee so nobody understands the inadequecies I feel and the void i have. I am so lost

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
You might consider looking up a support group for moms that have lost children to miscarriage. Many times your OB/GYN can recommend one to you, and/or can recommend a counselor that specializes in this type of grief counseling.

It is unfair of those around you to ask you to get on with your life. To you this was more than a "fetus", this was your baby. You are going through a time of grief and bereavement just as real and deep as if you had held the child in you arms. And sometimes it is even harder, because you did not get that sense of completion - it is like you had to stop in the middle.

You are also grieving the fact that you may not be able to have children; I went through this when i had my hysterectomy. Everytime I saw a baby I felt empty and I would dream of empty cradles. This is not uncommon.

Explain these things to your family and friends. If they will not listen to you, then seek support elsewhere. You will be amazed at the difference it makes going to a support group though. Being with other women who say "I understand" is so refreshing! They understand when you cry, and they hold you up when you feel drained.

They will also let you know when your grief becomes dangerous, and when living your life needs to take priority over grieving the dead. But for a little while, it is perfectly normal and ok to let your heart go for this little one (ones) that you have lost. They were a part of you, no matter how long or short a period of time.

My prayers are with you.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Amoeba
Amoeba
hi kiya,
ive had two miscarriages in eight months, i now chart my temperature every morning and it is helping a great deal as i am taking control of my body and my fertility
if you go to a website called fertility friend and sign up they are a great help they also have support circles of other women with the same problems as you.
i have been diagnosed with a heart shaped womb and i am now part of a circle some of the other women have my condition and have now a bouncing baby so it helps to not give up hope!
give yourself time!
i lost my second baby at eight weeks that was in november i have only just managed to move on but even now i have bad days.
its ok to just be where you are at dont listen to other people! take your time!

it might help you to have something to remember your little angel by

we lost our first in capetown sa on our honeymoon i knew if i didnt do something in remeberance that i wouldnt be able to leave cont,

Amoeba
Amoeba
cont, so we decided to buy a bamboo tree as it flowers when ishmael was due.
now every time we go back to visit mum and dad we can see it grow and remember our little one.

we havent been able to do anything for samuel yet but we will! samuel was due 27th june 06

now trying again!

kiya, just do what you have too to get through this and be good to you ok

love & hugs

alicat

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.