logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Shark
Shark
I don't mind buying on-line as long as what they show is true in colour...I will take a look at the Sephora lipstick.

I am also fair skinned, so I have to be careful with eyeshadow as well...I use Rimmel duo eyeshadow in #324 cream caramel...both colours are great, but I use the lighter colour more because I have dark brown eyes...

I know I should probably be discussing this in another topic...lol...

franny

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
MAC Lipstick in Gel (a pale, neutral glossy lipstick)
MAC Lipstick in Plink.. (a warm medium coral/pink)...
And also their clear lipglass. it's amazing. probably my favorite lip product ever.
Also, Chanel Lipglosses are amazing too.

MAC Cosmetics | MAC Makeup: New MAC Cosmetics product review site and brand new MAC Forum at http://www.maccosmeticsmakeup.com
Shark
Shark
macgirl, is the clear lipglass long lasting or sticky?

what MAC lipstick do you think is good for fair complexion, with brown hair and dark brown eyes?

franny

C
C
I would have to say my all-time favorite lipstick is the MAC Lustre formula lipstick.

Now these can range from sheer to quite sheer, so there isn't the same color payoff as with full-coverage lipsticks. But oftentimes that's what I want. I prefer natural-looking lipsticks, quick and easy to apply, pretty low-maintenance, moisturizing...this formula is all of those things and more affordable than higher end.

My favorite all-around shade is Sophisto...this is a soft wearable rosy berry shade with a little bit of shimmer.

I also own Strawberry Blonde (this was limited edition...it's a warm coral pink, a little bright, no shimmer) and Spice It Up (sheer warm brick red, no shimmer).

I've also tried Viva Glam V (neutral rose pink with silvery-golden shimmer) and Jubilee (my least favorite in the end, I think the others are prettier...it's sheer pink-red-brown with no shimmer).

Clinique Butter Shine is another lovely sheer formula, same price as MAC.

On the full-coverage side, I've recently gotten into Lancome Rouge Sensation (more expensive, but excellent quality). I own only one of these but it's to die for, Baie Velvet (a wonderful muted watermelon red color).

Today I tried out a sample of Chanel Hydrabase Creme lipstick. Hmmm...it's good no doubt, not sure yet about coughing up for a full size.

Neutrogena MoistureShine tinted lip balms are as good color-wise as lipsticks. Less staying power than a lipstick, but they have SPF and are very moisturizing.

Last edited by Colleen_S; 04/12/06 03:53 PM.
D
D
i am a big fan of avon products... try the my lip miracle. it has 8hr wear and all day moisture. the perfect wear is all day with spf 12

Shark
Shark
i have this revlon lip gloss that i absolutely love but it's impossible to keep on...sadness...it's the perfect color & everything, but you have to re-apply 8 zillion times...

any suggestions?

C
C
Unfortunately, I have never found a way to keep a lipgloss from fading fast, if it's the fast-fading type.

In the past, I have been known to prolong the staying power of a lipstick by digging it out of its tube, melting it down with a little piece of food-grade beeswax, and either pouring it back into the tube (very risky as some tubes leak!) or else making it into a pot lipstick.

It was a tedious process and I was glad when cosmetics companies heeded the endless complaints of consumers and made their lipsticks longer-lasting.

But glosses...I don't think you can even melt them down with anything. I tried it once and the gloss simply lost its shine and became instantly flat.

My advice is to dump this gloss and try to find a longer-lasting gloss with a similar color. Even if it costs more up front, it may end up being the same price or cheaper if you don't have to keep reapplying it.

Another way would be to line and fill your lips with a liner first, and see if the gloss doesn't stick to that. But that is an extra step.

Good luck!

Shark
Shark
I still can't find a really good lipstick for the summer...Sometimes, I find them too drying or they don't last very long...I like wearing glosses, but again when it's windy out, forget it, it's like glue...

franny

Shark
Shark
I am not a lipstick fan but I do like my arbonne lip liners and glosses. They have a new lip plumper one out I am dying to try!

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
My favorite was one from Yves Rocher. I got it in a sample size by mail many years ago when I was still in school and a teenager, it was a pale color in a beige tone and it was perfect for my skin tone. When I went to a store to get it it was discontinued and they had none left.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.