BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
This is my new article:
Experiencing God - Elohim

How have you experienced Elohim?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
In my small perspective the almighty power of God is demonstrated in the small places in my life. It's in the kiss from my teenaged son, or the moments when I see him studying becasue there's a big test, and I haven't told him to do it. It's in the way my dog knows when I need to hug him and he comes over to me and nuzzles my hand. He gives me a smile just when I need one. Or the way he walks with me during the middle of the night thru the house so I won't be alone. It's in the way money just seems to appear when we need it most, or an opportunity presents just at the midnight hour. When the first leaves begin to bloom on the tree in spring and then the next morning there are millions of them. Or hummingbirds wings...watch how fast they flutter..who else could have created such a wonder. Sunsets are God's gift to us to pause each evening ansdwatch his creativity light up the sky.

Elohim is all around. I love Him...

to me these are the demonstrations of God's almighty power.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I think the closest I have felt God as Elohim is the times I was pregnant!

I would always marvel at the fact that I had an entire life growing inside of me, and that God could take 2 cells - completely different, and have them divide and form into the organs and working parts that make up the human body. Its not like I had any choice as to where any of those cells were going! I was just blessed to be able to hold and protect them for awhile.

I had a surgeon once (callously) compare my new pregnancy to a tumor - because he said they both grew at the same rate. But, I pointed out, a tumor doesn't think or feel or play with toys. And as a tumor can often bring death - pregnancy is all about life.

I think that's when God touches us women the most intimately as Elohim . I feel sorry for the men that they cannot experience it.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
I've experienced Elohim since I was a child. I've always wondered how someone could look at something so breathtakingly beautiful and unbelieveably large as a sunset or a sunrise and not believe in God/Elohim. Or seen a baby or a kitten, gotten an A on a test, met and married the right person, landed that big account, etc. and not believe.

These days, I also notice Elohim (and give thanks) when I enter a grocery store and see the amazing quantity and variety of food so easily available for us to purchase. Behind that is an amazingly complex, yet efficient and effective, system that allows all those foodstuffs to appear so effortlessly. Also miraculous is that I can purchase what I want! What blessings!

These days, I also try to notice Elohim (and give thanks) when the furnace heats the house so warmly and efficiently, when the electricity jumps at my touch to run the lights, the tv, the computer, the microwave oven, etc. More blessings!

Yes, these last 2 categories of things are perhaps technically the results of mankind's works, but we wouldn't be able to accomplish so much without the assistannce of Elohim.

We are so blessed!!!

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Thanks for the comments missindependent. Those are great descriptons of God's power.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Thanks Michelle,
I'm amazed when some doctors say that they believe in science and not God's power. How can they not believe when they see the miracle of life and birth?

A
A
Reading these posts have truly made my heart feel lighter and better as i am now going through a period in my life,however my faith is getting stronger and stronger every day as i experience Elohim all aroung me as i sit and listen to the birds outsde my window and see the beautiful green leaves on the trees around.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I don't think I ever have. I just accept what ever happens. Who is to say God had anything to do with it. Or didn't have any thing to do with it. There are alot of things on this earth, that needs the help of God's power. People are crying out for his help. But the suffering continues.

Al

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
I don't think I ever have. I just accept what ever happens. Who is to say God had anything to do with it. Or didn't have any thing to do with it.

I think God is in everything. He's in the good times and the bad. He is in the joy and He is in the suffering - helping us through it. He is the Creator. He has to be in everything.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I received the most amazing compliment the other day when talking with a co worker. The conversation turned to Church and when I said which church I attended he looked right at me and said "I knew it, I knew you were a Christian."

This was so amazing because I consistantly ask God in my prayers to set me apart from others as an example of him. To fill me with his peace and Grace so that others will know him through me. For me Elohim fills me and flows through me to shine for others.

It wasn't always that way, I still remember the first time I ever surrendered control to God. My son was a baby, a very new baby. My husband was either at work or flying, I was alone as we lived in another province from family and friends. I was on maturnity leave and was fighting a loosing battle with depression. One night when my sons crying was getting the better of me, when the stress of being alone and having a low amount of funds was adding to the stress of life. I said a quick prayer - "Lord I can't do it anymore, I give it all to you." At that moment a peace and relaxation came over me like no other I had ever experienced.

It took years for me to fully surrender to God and at times I still fight for control. But 7 years later I can say that for the most part I submit to God and his will on a daily basis and my life is full of blessings for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.