Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Lynn,

The thing that gives the knife in the back a little twist is our government is fine with you having your grave marked as agnostic or atheist. So if you believe that it's impossible to prove that Gods exists or you openly don't believe in a God, they are cool with you marking your gravestone as such.

But 80 approved religious and affiliative symbols later and they won't allow this one.....

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
and some of the approved ones are for very obscure religions too.

~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I've just gotten word via the Pagan grapevine that a rally is being planned for July 4th in Wash,D.C., over the issue of Wiccan/Pagan/Druid servicemen being denied the right to have a symbol of their faith on their headstones in military cemetaries.

I don't have more info than that right now but I wanted to let folks know so they could check their own info channels, esp if you are in the D.C. vicinity. I'll post back again if I find out more.

Parakeet
Parakeet
The latest development in the fight to get the pentacle inscribed on this soldier's grave.

A definite victory I think!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This still somewhat circumvents the problem, but at least the state stepped in... The Federal Gov't (VA) will just have to be dealt with again at a later date...

~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I'd call it a step in the right direction, but having just completed an article on this topic (which will now need a tad of updating), I think there's still some ways to go before declaring a victory.

It turns out, this battle has been going on longer than the year since Sgt. Stewart's death. Essentially, the government has approved about 6 new emblems for soldier's headstones, most within a few months, and they have been giving Pagans and Wiccans the blow-off for many years now.

Parakeet
Parakeet
there is definitely a long way to go! this is just the state of Nevada not the national VA

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.