logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#234292 02/26/06 06:51 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I am writing from Bangladesh. I just like to tell that we from third world countries face much more challenges to establish ourselves in a career. For, example this is an excellent forum in English language for helping with career training. Most of the people have neither enough skills in English language nor in Internet to get benefitted from this kind of forum although it is free of cost.
I have written an article about the challenges writers from third world countries face while pursuing their dream to write in net BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

http://www.southasiabiz.com// All about South Asian Business
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
I can understand the problems, and it must be very frustrating. So far as PayPal is concerned, there are some companies, such as Guru.com, that will deposit directly into your account. And, they have an international process for payment, as well.

You are not alone in posting to job listings and not hearing from anyone. There are many US writers still waiting to hear back from editors and employers. Even though there is a sense of being alone in the freelancing world, there really are many others out there whom you are competing against.

Just keep plugging away and things will happen for you. Do you have friends who are also freelancers in the same situation as you find yourself?

Maybe others can share their experiences?

Sharlene Thomas
Career Training Editor, Bella Online
CreativeHandz
StariaMelodies
Shark
Shark
There can literally be hundreds of jobs posted for writers online and only a few come within a reasonable pay scale. Making matters worse, there are too many people so hungry to get clips that they are willing to do the work, which perpetuates the idea that the pricing is reasonable.

Am I wrong? Should you be willing to do anything to get a start?

Sharlene Thomas
CreativeHandz
StariaMelodies
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks for your responses. I do not know what I can do anything for a start. When I see ads of writing 1000 words for 2-3$ I really get sad for European and AMerican writers because this is poor pay even Bangladesh, one of the poorest countries in the world.

R
OP Offline
R
I am now a professional blogger in Know More Media Network and all the problems have been solved. I am working 8-10 hours a day and giving all my heart to make my blog about South Asian business successful. The best thing I have learnt is never to give up hope and continue trying. Now I am hopeful that within one year, I will become a very successful professional blogger.

Shark
Shark
You have the right spirit. Nothing is more frustrating than watching someone begin a new venture only to give up just before it would have taken off. The quick fix and fast turn-around doesn't establish a solid business, it's the hanging in there attitude that you show that breeds long-term success. Congrats.

Sharlene Thomas
CreativeHandz
StariaMelodies

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.