Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
ashjoielee, johnnie55, uveuleurz, Noitartst, KAMI
57306 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57307 Members
417 Forums
113279 Topics
803677 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 570
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 369
Beetlemess 279
Jana - Creativity Editor 263
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 81
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 61
Dorcy 55
Nancy Roussy 53
Linu 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#228963 - 03/16/06 05:33 AM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar
AltmedVictoria Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Thank you for this great information on apple cider vinegar. Which brand do you recommend and where can i buy it?

Answer: You can find natural acv at your local Health Food store. There are a few you can choose from. I use Eden�s Organic. Bragg is also a popular brand of acv. When picking natural acv-it should have the �mother� visible a cob-web looking substances.

Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Twitter Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Facebook Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to MySpace Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Stumbleupon Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Reddit
#228964 - 04/11/06 03:57 AM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar
AltmedVictoria Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Victoria,

Is there any information on using Apple Cider Vinegar for Diabetes? Will appreciate any information on this.

Thank you,

Answer:DIABETES-2-3 teaspoons (acv) to 8 oz of water taken daily before meals, is said to have dietary fiber and other ingredients, which are beneficial in controlling blood glucose levels. The acids and enzymes promote better digestion and nutrient abortion, which is impaired in some diabetes, suffers.

This home remedy has been the subject of research and has shown that acv can help lower blood sugar levels.

Scientists in Sweden report that vinegar given with white bread reduces blood sugar and insulin. It also helps people feel fuller up to two hours later (European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Sept. 2005). Japanese researchers have found that vinegar can counteract the effect of white rice on blood sugar. And investigators at Arizona State University report that two tablespoons of vinegar before a starchy meal can significantly reduce the rise in blood glucose (Diabetes Care, Jan. 2004).

There is also research showing that one to six grams of cinnamon daily can lower cholesterol, triglycerides and blood sugar levels (Diabetes Care, Dec. 2003).

Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Twitter Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Facebook Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to MySpace Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Stumbleupon Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Reddit
#228965 - 10/28/06 02:37 AM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar
candy3 Offline

I love apple cider vinegar - it has so many benefits - if anyone would like to write a post in my blog - please do!

#329942 - 07/20/07 12:45 PM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: AltmedVictoria]
joanj Offline
Koala

Loc: Texas
This topic got over 10,000 views! That has to be some kind of record.

I put apple cider vinegar into my pets water as someone recommended it for keeping fleas away. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats and they all drink it and they all have no fleas!

I use Eden Organic also for them. I use it for myself for salad dressing-a little apple cider vinegar, some olive oil and seasoning. If you go heavier on the ACV than the olive oil, it saves calories!

#334077 - 08/14/07 05:56 AM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: joanj]
AltmedVictoria Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

I use ACV for my pets also: grin 3 cats, 4 dogs and 4 birds. Added ACV to your pets drinking water, has shown to maintain the acid/alkaline balance of the digestive tract.

Restoring the body�s pH to the alkaline range is just as important to our pets health as it is ours. Nearly all chronic illness takes place in a body that has become acidic.

Many holistic Vets recommend a daily dosage of:
1 tsp for cats and small dogs (up to 14 lb)
2 tsp for medium dogs (15 to 34 lb)
1 tbsp for large dogs (35 to 84 lb)

Do not feed ACV to a pet that have irritation of the intestinal tract lining.

#336654 - 08/29/07 01:07 AM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: AltmedVictoria]
AltmedVictoria Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Apple Cider Vinegar Diet
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

#363215 - 01/03/08 01:29 PM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: AltmedVictoria]
joanj Offline
Koala

Loc: Texas
Wow, thanks so much for the great vinegar articles! I use vinegar for many cleaning purposes, as well as for health and weightloss.

#365059 - 01/10/08 01:33 AM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: AltmedVictoria]
BoomerGal Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
I wonder if this topic is the most read on on Bella? over 16,000 views! Amazing!

I use ACV for lots of things and love Edens also.

#367410 - 01/18/08 05:06 AM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: BoomerGal]
RedHerring Offline

So this stuff does actually work. Hmm, you learn something everyday. I'll have to start using it.

#367921 - 01/20/08 02:19 PM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: AltmedVictoria]
Delia62 Offline

Apple Cider Vinegar is awesome stuff. I only use Bragg's organic "with the mother" - much better. I use it before heavy meals to aid in digestion and keep blood sugars down (I'm diabetic) Also, I had some horrible stomach issues and my naturopath recommended taking this more often (I had been very lax in using it for awhile) Basically he said I had not enough acids to digest food properly (could have fooled me since I had terrible heartburn but you can get this also from not enough acids) - anyway, the ACV cured the stomach problem and now if it flares up, I know I need to use more. Good stuff. I didn't know about the teeth issue - I usually put it in a shot glass and now I will add water to it and drink water after.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  AltmedVictoria 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
New game - Quote it
by Dorcy
Creativity
20 minutes 24 seconds ago
Music ABC game
by "Rosie"
Pop Music
47 minutes 59 seconds ago
Treasure your Body - Whatever its Shape
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
B.K.S. Iyengar Brought Life to Yoga
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Yoga
Yesterday at 08:57 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 05:21 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Yesterday at 05:20 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 05:19 PM
It's Halloween Time
Horror Movies
Yesterday at 04:08 PM
I went NUTS last week!
Home Cooking
Yesterday at 01:14 PM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Yesterday at 01:05 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.