logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
Ok, this might sound strange but sometimes when meditating or even just falling asleep I have this very real feeling of being suddenly sucked into a tunnel of some sort, or even turning inside out (?) If I can relax and go with it, it usually feels like flying in space. Sometimes I get nervous and kind of shake myself out of it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I've experienced that feeling a few times and from what I've read it is the nervous system slowing down at different rates causing the feeling of dropping while still mentally awake. Apparently it is a natural phenomena.

Have other readers experienced this????

A
A
This phenomena called 'OBE" (out of body expirience)or , in your case, Astral Traveling.
You can search on google for more info about this.

Gecko
Gecko
I have experienced something like this when I have been very very relaxed, or exhausted. Lying there, and all of a sudden this thing starts happening, and I freaked out and probably jumped up because I did not know what my body was doing! It has happened to me several times over the years, and I felt like my spirit or something was trying to leave my body. It was scary.

Shark
Shark
I have had that happen for as long as I can remember, falling, flying, being sucked into space is what I thought when I was little. Now I just relax and ride it out.

C
C
Maybe you are actually projecting out to space and leaving your physical body?

Dont worry about it, you are lucky that you experience it

K
K

The article below may be helpful.

Samadhi: Awakening beyond all identifications
By A. Mamet

Much is being written about awakening (Sanskrit: Samadhi) these days and often I find it described as an experience that constitutes a type of enhancement for the spiritual seeker once s/he has found Samadhi. The seeker becomes a special edition. A seeker+ model. A model with turbo charge.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The experience of Samadhi is inseparably intertwined with the annihilation of the seeker. The arising of Samadhi is equal to the cessation of the seeker. Samadhi is the suspension of the mind-self structure.

The mind exists in its never-ending function as an entity that hijacks identifications. It does so relentlessly, without ceasing. When it says, "I am hungry", it identifies with a sensation in the stomach. When it says, "I am angry", it identifies with an emotion. And the list goes on forever. Each time the mind expresses an identity notion it perpetuates an existential lie. We all know how this looks like in a worldly context when we encounter notions of "I am rich and famous" and the resulting modalities of arrogance and self-absorbedness.

It is interesting to observe that these exact same mind dynamics are transferred straight into the realm of the spiritual. The mind-self continues the usual modalities without so much as a blink. It rolls with the flow. Now the identities have morphed into "I am a powerful meditator." Now we are somebody who can say "I channel God, Mother Mary or St. Germain." Now our new ID is "I am close to God" ( and you better listen to what I tell you). With the continuation of such notions, arrogance and self-absorbedness simply remain alive and well even though working in different disguise.

The very fist line of Pantanjali's Yoga Sutras is "Yoga Chittam Vritti Nirodha." Yoga is achieved when all motions of the mind have ceased. In other words, when the mind's capacity for hijacking identifications comes to a full stop.

Samadhi is the experience of the opening of one's inner space. In that opening of the inner space the mind-self simply disappears. In that disappearance all processes of identification evaporate.

Samadhi is the presence of a silence so vast, the mind-self does not survive the arising of this presence. In the reality of this presence, the mind must be absent. Therefore, Samadhi and mind-self do not exist simultaneously. They cannot. If the mind-self is, Samadhi is not. If Samadhi is, the mind-self is not.

In India there exists a spiritual tool that is designed to navigate the meditator to the final goal, the ultimate Here Now, which is Samadhi. This tool is called "Neti Neti". It means "Neither this nor that." Each time the meditator detects an identity arising inside, s/he is advised to reflect "I am not this." The next identity arises, again s/he reflects, "I am not that." This technique is part of the practice of Gyan Yoga, the Yoga of the intellect, since it utilize the intellect to actually go beyond the intellect. It guides the meditator to experience freedom from all identifications: Samadhi.

In Samadhi the seeker disappears. What remains is the stream of experiencing. All separation between object and subject has disappeared. All nouns have vanished, what remains is the verb. What is left is the process of experiencing in the electrifying acuteness of THIS VERY MOMENT.

The event of Samadhi is very shocking. No amount of creative imagination will prepare for this experience. The first time it happened, I was 21 years, after three years of intense yogic training. I sat in meditation and focused on a spot two inches above my head, visualizing a flame. Then I visualized entering the core of the flame. All of a sudden, from the core of the flame, space began to open rapidly and an incredible vastness unfolded in which my self and any thought activity disappeared completely. The shock penetrated my system to the marrow. Samadhi is like a death, since it erases life and our perception as we know it. Depending on the power and depth of the Samadhi, it can take months or even years to integrate the event. Samadhi also creates a contrast in the sense that for the first time there is awakening and in that awakening there arises the recognition that life prior to that immense opening was a life of deep sleep.

Yogic scriptures differentiate between Sarbij and Nirbij Samadhi. The former means "with seed" and the latter means "without seed." What this means in actuality is that the mind-ego structure does return after the event of Sarbij Samadhi. Not only does it return, but in most cases the mind�ego structure hijacks and claims the event, if not prevented by an awareness capable of witnessing the dynamics at play. Existentially speaking, this is very humorous: the mind is claiming no-mind. Words are claiming Silence. The very second that mind is claiming the experience of no-mind corruption has been activated.

While the mind-ego structure returns after Sarbij Samadhi, after Nirbij Samadhi it does not. Thus Nirbij Samadhi is the experience of Enlightenment and Sarbij Samadhi is not; it is a glimpse of enlightenment. There are people who have had Sarbij Samadhi experiences and mistake this for enlightenment. And immediately they go out and give Satsang to others, proclaiming their lofty state. Enlightenment is not the case. Hundreds or thousands of Sarbij Samadhis can take place prior to the event of the Samadhi of No Return.

I wish to emphasize that the experience of Samadhi does not create infallibility. Even those rare beings that are fully anchored in Samadhi retain the human capacity for committing mistakes on various levels. Learning continues. The universe evolves forever and so do we.

How to access Samadhi?

There are many different kinds of meditation techniques: Whether they work simply depends on you and the technique being compatible. There is focus on the Hara, the heart chakra, the third eye, and the top of your head. There is Kriya meditation. Samadhis that arise from working with each of those gates are notably different from each other. Samadhis that arise from the Hara have a very powerful earthy, grounded quality. Heart Samadhis come with an inexpressible sweetness and ecstasy. Third eye Samadhis are cool and luminous. Top chakra Samadhis can be immensely shocking.

It may be interesting to note that Samadhi experiences take place in high-intensity sports, during sex, and in the arts, such as dancing, music, painting, etc. However, since these contexts are utterly devoid of direct training, people may experience great confusion in response to the event. If Samadhi happens in the context of a genuine mystery school, at least there is conscious training to prepare.

A human being who has experienced Samadhi will be altered forever. The experience represents an oceanic freedom beyond anything that could be described and for that reason it is a haunting event that can only propel us to seek out situations and conditions where Samadhi happens again. And again and again. Until one day the seeker has disappeared forever and returns no more.

Andreas Mamet entered the journey of meditation over 30 years ago. In the 70s he lived in India for 5 years to deepen his practice. In the early 80s he taught meditation in Japan and Germany. He now lives in Mount Shasta, California, and spends his time teaching in Paris and Tokyo.

His Book Recommendation of the Moment: Between the Visions by Raylene Abbott, available at www.amazon.com as a 5 Star book.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Hi Andreas - thank you so much for sharing with us!

Susan

K
K
In actuality, your response to the phenomenom needs some tuning. The question of what it is... is not relevant. What is relevant is to shift the focus to who is experiencing this. So, when there is an experience, even if it is scary, reflect on WHO IS EXPERIENCING THIS. And hold steady with this focus.

M
M
Beautiful Meditation Experience.
You are into Meditative state.
Sleep is just our mind notion. When we transcend the mind, we 'feel' like sleep. It is not sleep. It is just switcing from mind to No Mind state.
When you are in Meditative state, you will 'see' other frequency realities and the way you Experience is multy-dimentional. The travel to other frequency normally hapens through 'Tunnel Experience'. The tunnel will be pitch dark and very long. After sometime, you will 'see' glitters around and bright light at far end and you 'feel' you are moving towards it.
Jerk is nothing but astral disturbences in the travel. When you are travelling, suddenly your mind starts analizing it- what is it? why it is so? like...Then suddnly Astral body will have a jolt and comes back to the physical body, sometimes with a thud. Your Experiences will vanish. You have to start again. Sometimes you will go to the same frequency or you will have other experiences or you will come out of Meditative state.
Nervousness is just your mind, because you don't have Knowledge about it.
Please continue Meditation. You will have many more wonderful Experiences
Meditationguru
www.meditationguru.com

I teach Meditation residential at Mysore, India and online at my website: www.meditationguru.com
co created Spiritual Reality-journey within- video on Meditation and Meditation Experiences
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Susan Helene Kramer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.