Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JMPJCK Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to understand Galatians 6:2 �Bear ye one another�s burdens and in this way fulfill the law of Christ". I am facing a lot of challenges in my life and feel totally abandoned and neglected by my home church. I am trying to understand why this is happening and is it happening to more than just a few people? I am just heartbroken by what I see happening in the church of today. Please tell me what you think. I really need to try and understand what is going on here.

Here is my personal experience. I am a disabled, widowed, cancer patient with CFS/FM as well as ADD. I had emergency cancer surgery/diagnoses for advanced stage colon cancer in March of 2002 along with a complete hysterectomy for uterine cancer. Ten months later my husband died while I was still going through chemotherapy. Seven months after this my left leg went out from under me and every bone in my ankle broke. The ambulance took me to the hospital where they put in two metal plates and several screws to hold what was left of my ankle together.

I am now alone trying to complete the repairs on our older home that my husband and I started before my emergency surgery. There is electrical, plumbing, carpentry to do. I have been painting and finishing the job of pulling up the rest of the old carpets. The ADD makes life interesting. I need a well organized environment to function well and with everything still torn up around here there is no order at all. With being sick and now with the house torn up in the process of repairs is making life more than just a little challenging. It has become too much to tackle alone. If you would like to learn more you may visit my personal site at http://mypeoplepc.com/members/jspr007/patricia/ One thing is so true - laughter is truly the best medicine. As long as I continue to see the humor it will somehow be all right. If I could only understand why the church has turned it�s back on me. Is this happening to other people also?

Take care everyone. I�m looking foreword to getting to know you.

Patricia

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I think the easiest way for Satan to get to us, is by isolating us, and by making us feel alone. He does this by making everyone else very, very busy. But he also does it by making us too proud to ask straight out for the help we need.

I'm not just placing the blame on you, I did the EXACT same thing when I was going through what felt like Hell on earht with my depression. I had been so involved in my church (I was th children's choir director for goodness sake), wouldn't you think some one would notice when I went missing for 2 months straight? They all just thought I needed a little break. (Or that's what some of them tolf themselves.)

But seriously, its partly the church's responsibility to call on you, but it is partly your responsibility to let the church know what you need, too. If Satan can keep you by yourself and isolated, then he has succeeded.

And always know that you can come here and talk and vent. Sometimes that just helps. And sometimes we can help build you up too. Jenna and Lynne and many of the ladies around the board have wonderful spirits when it comes to serving God, and they often know just what to say when you need encouragement.

I'll be praying for you, and i'm going to check out your site.
Love, Michelle

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.