Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#218312 10/28/05 12:38 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Hi Everyone,
I'm a first timer. My daughter found out she was pregnant last week. They told her she was 5 weeks along. Last night she went to the restroom and pasted several large blood clots. She was immediately taken to the hospital. When the Dr. examined her, he said her cervix was closed and that was a good sign. But after performing a ultrasound he felt she had miscarried. He couldn't find a heartbeat and the sack was shaped abnormal. Now, I live in Texas and my daughter lives in Arkansas, so I wasn't at the hospital with her but the nurse did speak to me on the phone. Here is what she said..She explained the process of he ultra-sound and finding no heart beat and the abnormal sack. Then she said my daughters hormone level was normal for the stage of pregnancy she was in. They sent her home and told her to follow up with her Dr. today. She phoned her Dr. this morning and he told her not to come in before Tuesday of next week. He told her that it might be to soon to pick up the baby's heart beat and he wanted her body to have a chance to adjust before checking her. Is this the normal process? How long does the hormone level stay up? I have also been reading on different websites that most women pass alot of blood. My daughter passed alot last night but is only spotting this morning. When she uses the restroom she bleeds, but when she's not in the restroom she only spots. Is this normal? I'm concerned because she believes she has miscarried but after talking to the Dr. this morning I'm concerned that he may get her hopes up that she may still be pregnant. Anyone who has had experience with this is welcomed. Thanks, Lisa

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#218313 10/28/05 04:51 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi, Lisa. Welcome and sorry about the problems your daughter is having right now. I miscarried about 26 years ago and what I remember most is that it was just like being in labor (or the worst period of my life) for a short time. It lasted a few hours with moments of relief between the pain but got so strong that I thought I had to go to the bathroom. So I spent the last half hour or so on and off the toilet until I finally got "relief", which looked like a shriveled up tampon (used). I know that sounds gross but that is the best way to describe it. I was about 5 or 6 weeks pregnant (which I didn't know) so I collected the specimen in a glass jar and took it to my gyn the next day. He verified that I had been pregnant and I had indeed miscarried.

Did your daughter have any other symptoms like I did other than just passing several large blood clots? It sounds like the doctors are saying wait until next week to see what her body is going to do. That will allow her body the time to either settle down or go ahead and fully miscarry. The body (and the Lord) know when an embryo is not developing correctly and miscarriage is nature's way of correcting the problem. And some women spot off and on throughout their pregnancy. Every one is different, it seems. For your daughter, Lisa, I would try to give her encouragement that whatever "will be" is exactly what is meant to be. A good pregnancy is wonderful if it's done with a viable embryo. I hope and pray that she is okay and her health is strong and all of this works out as she wishes. My thoughts are with you both. Keep us posted. Trish

#218314 10/28/05 07:45 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I remember w/ my 2nd child we had a scare w/ bleeding. I had a minor abruption (separation of the placenta from the uterus) which is what caused the bleeding. It was also early to detect the heartbeat, so they kept an eye on my HCG levels.

The problem is the HCG levels climb for a while, then they actually take a dip, then they level out. Unfortunately I don't remember which weeks these differences occur.

I however do have my 2nd child. I was on bedrest for a while. And then had to be careful about lifting heavy objects.

It also seemed to weaken my uterus, because I had a MAJOR abruption with my 3rd child, luckily at 36 weeks, so he delivered and went to the NICU for 1 week.

I'll keep looking around and see if i can find what the HCG levels need to be and when. The nest thing for your daughter to do right now is to rest and try to relax. There is nothing she can do to prevent a miscarriage if one is imminant. But making herslef sick over it is not going to help her any.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.