logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Three out of Four of your quoted comments are not mine....remember people this is a BOOK REVIEW!!!! lol

I appreciate the feedback but remember also this is a Christianity Site....if someone doesn't agree they can browse thru Bella for the site of their choice....I refuse to change what I believe because it may be offensive to others...

I write to and for Christians...

Last edited by Jenna - Christianity Editor; 10/06/05 06:21 PM.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
"Enter your comments on this pseudo-religion (my opinion) here!!" Jenna

In 1985, in Dettmer v Landon (617 F Supp 592), the District Court of Virginia, pursuant to rule 52 (a) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, ruled that Witchcraft is a legitimate religion and falls within a recognizable religious category. In 1986, in the Federal Appeals court fourth circuit, Butzner, J. affirmed the decision (799 F 2d 929). The Court concluded that �the Church of Wicca, of which the plaintiff is a sincere follower, is a religion for the purpose of the free exercise clause." Williams. J. 1985 Dettmer v. Landon Supra. �We agree with the district court that the doctrine taught by the Church of Wicca is a religion." Butzner. J. 19864th Circuit. Dettmer v. Landon Supra.

The "Court may not inquire into worthiness of parties' religious belief to ascertain whether they merit First Amendment protection, but need only consider whether beliefs are 'religious' in parties' own scheme of things and whether their beliefs are sincere." USCA Const. Amend. I "To be a bona fide religious belief entitled to protection under either the First Amendment or Title VII, a belief must be sincerely held" and within the believers own scheme of things religious. USCA Const. Amend. 1: Civil Rights Act 1964 701 et seq., 717 as amended 42 USCA 2000e-16"

Article VII of the U.S. Constitution states: "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be The Supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding."In light of the fact that Dettmer v. Landon supra, being a Federally Adjudicated case. it is thereby protected by the Constitution. No state can override this Federal adjudication. No Witch can be denied his/her civil liberty and right to be a Witch, open and free, in any state in the land; within the parameters of the Law."

In United States v. Phillips, (42 M.J. 346) in the concurring opinion by Judge Wiss stated: "First, Wicca
is a socially recognized religion. It is acknowledged as such by the Army. See Dept. of the Army (DA) Pamphlet 165-13-1, Religious Requirements and Practices of Certain Selected Groups: A Handbook for Chaplains (April 1980), revising A Pamphlet 165-"Religious Requirements and Practices of Certain Selected Groups: A Handbook for Chaplains" (April 1978).

�Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.� � U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis (1856�1941), Whitney v. California, 274 U. S. 357 (1927)

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Morigaine

It's still my opinon...

I have a friend in Colorado whose job is to protect the rights of inmates in the Colorado Prison system for religious expression. He has to fight for the celebration and respect of all different kinds of religion...but this man is the most devote Christian man I have ever met. He spends his days examining the Constitution and the frameworks of all religious expression and the he goes home and opens his Bible and thanks the Lord that he knows the truth...he would die for His Savior.

I am aware of the many Federal rulings regarding religion...I am aware of the foundation of our country...the very same freedoms apply to me as well...

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.