logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
If you're a mature woman, and haven't updated your hair color/style/cut for some time, it might be worthwhile to think about doing so now. In your thirties, you may have started coloring your hair, choosing a shade close to your own, to cover those pesky grey hairs. If this shade was a dark brunette, or red, or even blonde, you may wish to now consider going a bit lighter. I'm not talking a drastic change here, ladies, merely a softer, more flattering shade, in your preferred color palette. Dark, one-tone hair color is just not flattering next to a mature complexion. No matter what shade you may choose, consider having your colorist highlight your hair, as well. Highlights add a soft, subtle, natural look to your hair color. If you do choose to lighten your hair color, I recommend having a professional do this for you.

With a new, fresher hair color, you'll want a good cut/style as well. These are based largely on the size and shape of your face, and your stylist can give you good advice on choosing a look that's flattering to you. Remember, a mature woman can carry a longer hair length, as long as it's cut in a flattering style.

BEST HAIR TIP
Opt Out of the 'Helmet-Head' Look!
Ladies, no where is it written that a woman over fifty can't have lovely, soft hair, that moves! So often, when in the salon, I see mature women having their hair done in those tight, perfectly set, hairstyles, that are so aging in appearance. To complete the outdated look, they want their hair' sprayed' in place, until it resembles a helmet. Although the younger set is 'gluing' their hair into many different styles, we mature women need remember, soft, moving hair is, for us, much more attractive. Also, how women got the idea that after a certain age, they should have their hair cut drastically short is beyond me! Yes I've heard the old tale that 'a shorter hair style will 'lift' a woman's appearance'. Not true. Those severely short styles usually do nothing more than 'harden' a woman's appearance. Haircuts should be done with the size and shape of your face as guidelines, not your age!
~Jeannine Schenewerk~

www.intouchwithjeannine.com

Jeannine Schenewerk
[color:"PURPLE"]In Touch With Jeannine
'Informative, upbeat site for mature Women'
'It's never too late in fiction-or in life to revise.'
---Nancy Thayer
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Thanks for bring this up Jeannine. I talk all about it in my ebook

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Good to hear you're spreading the word, as well, Lynne. I'm sure you also mention that if a mature woman does opt for a longer hair style, it's important for her to have the ends trimmed more frequently. A mature woman's hair tends to be drier, coarser, and the frequent trimmings are a must, with longer hair.

www.intouchwithjeannine.com

Jeannine Schenewerk
[color:"PURPLE"]In Touch With Jeannine
'Informative, upbeat site for mature Women'
'It's never too late in fiction-or in life to revise.'
---Nancy Thayer
B
B

Hi!

I've also find something very interesting about hair care and coloring, a lot of useful advices and I think that many women would like to have this and read when ever they need it. Well, this is not only about hair care, but about whole body and face. You can find everything on http://www.timelessfemme.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.