logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#211854 09/23/05 09:20 AM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
The LDS Church encourages families to spend Monday nights together, building a stronger family relationship and sharing beliefs and values with their children. A typical evening might include: Prayer, song, brief lesson on topic of interest to the family, games and treats. Whether you're LDS or even religious or not, this is a fun way to strengthen the family.

What are some of your favorite ways to spend time together in your home with your children?

Terrie Lynn Bittner
Training Manager
LDS Families
Author of Homeschooling:Take a Deep Breath--You Can Do This!

AOL: TerrieLBittner
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#211855 09/23/05 11:42 AM
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
We are not affiliated w/ any church, but Fri night is a fun night for us. My 3.5 yr old and I make pizza from scratch. She loves to kneed the dough. Then she picks a DVD at the store while the dough is rising. We come home, finish the pizza and pop in the DVD. She gets sleepy by the end and it's off to bed for her and the 3 month old.
Once the kiddos are asleep, it's mommy and daddy time. We get a bottle of wine, maybe some snacks and bring them to the coffee table. We put on some music and talk about our week. I think it's just as important to work on your married relationship as it is to spend time w/ your children. This is how we've managed to make Fri night fun for the entire family.

Tuculia Washington,Daughter Editor
Site
#211856 09/23/05 12:08 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
During football season, it is hard to have a family night. Thursday and Friday night, we are at games. But off season, we usually spend Saturday together. We like to play board games. I love to do a spread of homemade snacks. My husband and I both love to cook, so this is great. Then we eat and play games or watch movies. We don't get to go to the movies a lot, so we make a big deal about popping popcorn and picking out a movie. The kids love it.

Moderated by  C.S. Bezas, LDS Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.