logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#211686 09/22/05 12:55 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hello - I'm new to the "forum" experience so forgive any boo-boos.
I am interested in a forum where participants share ideas and samples of their work. You can see some of my stuff at my home page: www.bakerbites.com. I do not do much construction (don't know how), but love to use my Brother Ultra and trying to learn the Bernina Artista 200. Want to get into quilting. Did not see subject matter for sharing. Any suggestions re other sewing forums you like?
Thanks much!
BakerBites

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#211687 09/30/05 06:26 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Welcome!

Have you visisted the Quilting forum here? I know that you;ll get lots of tips from them regarding learning quilting.

What's fun is crazy quilting - where you piece the blocks together and then add embroidery and embellishments (such as lace) over the top (naturally - before you add the wadding layers).

Do you do much embroidery wth your machines?

Megan McConnell
#211688 10/25/05 09:32 PM
F
F
I cannot speak for my wife of course, that would be extremely dangerous to my wellbeing.
She has 2 Berninas one is the 180 and the other one is also a 180, but upgraded to 185. This brings it into line with the 200 except is in the 180 body. This means that the sewing light is different and I think that the Bernina stitch regulator which will shortly come in the US for the 200 will probably never be made for the 185. Our dealer raves about it, so this is a pity. On the other hand I sometimes wonder which is the more expensive, the cars, the computers or the machine embroidery. Well never mind, when the money runs out there is always the poor house.
Our Bernina dealers, we use two, the one where the first machine was bought, but who is since we moved 2 hours drive away, or the one in Adelaide, who is only 1 to 1 1/2 hours away run embroidery classes and groups. Otto and Penny (www.opsewing.com.au) at least I think that is their website, produce a monthly (well almost) newsletter for the embroidery forum. Over time he has gone through digitising techniques and possibilities in ART3 and now ART4. Go to the website and subscribe. He has subscribers all over the world and he sells all over the world. Ask if you can get back copies of newsletters.

Moderated by  Megan M 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.