Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#208958 09/05/05 05:59 AM
T
TinaC Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi! I colored my hair yesterday and it didn't come out even close to what I had in mind and I now want to change it. The color I wanted was a lighter brown with highlights (mine is naturally dark brown with red highlights with grays). So I bought Nice N Easy Dark Caramel brown with built-in highlights thinking that the worst that would happen is that my hair would be red. On the box it showed my hair should have been a reddish brown color. My hair turned out to be a really dark purplish black. I e-mailed Clarol to ask for their advice, but I'm not planning to return the box and receipt to them because I threw them away. Last night when I saw my hair I just figured I'd wait for it to grow out or try to dye it again another color, but I'm not sure what color to dye it to get what I want. Can't afford professional help either. ALso, my hair is naturally very curly and I do straighten it sometimes, so I really don't want to make it any dryer than it already is (it's actually pretty healthy right now). Is there a coloring product out there that is better than most when it comes to not drying your hair out??

Thanks! Tina

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#208959 09/06/05 06:11 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I think the problem was with the color you chose. Dark Caramel brown will not result in lighter brown. You really can't go by the picture on the box, because the resulting hair color depends on the color of your own hair.

The best and safest way to change the color now is to visit a professional. Applying another tint over this one will result in darker hair unless you use bleach or color remover - and that opens up a few more problems to deal with.

#208960 09/06/05 11:33 PM
D
D
I believe you can get a color stripper at Sally Beauty Supply or your local beauty supply. Either that, or get yourself some developer and add it to your shampoo as you wash your hair and by leaving it in for a few minutes, this will help to lighten your color. I had this happen to me recently. I colored my hair way too dark. I mixed some developer to my shampoo (in my hand, not the bottle) and applied it leaving it on for a couple of minutes. This helped quite a bit. You might need to do it more than once.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.