Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
meerkat Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi :-)

Have been fine with using Jerome Russell highlighting kit for well over a year, and whenever hair is a bit over-highlighted I normally tone it done with a mid ash blonde and then start highlighting it again. Hair's in good condition, thick, and getting near length where will need to save the pennies to afford salon highlights!

But have just done a goof, as without thinking I put on a cheap brown-blonde, and now have a gingery and light brown mix to hair, especially where highlighted the most.

Wondering how to regain a brown/dark blonde so can restart highlights in a way that will look much more natural, having realised I've been doing them too thickly and too often. Have done a couple of lots of fine highlights in the last few days, and lifts fine, but am not happy with the ginger and can't let it grow out as am actually succeeding in growing hair at last! plus it would look awful against natural brown/dark blonde as that comes through.

Many thanks, Cat

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
It sounds like this will not be an easy-fix.

First, I suggest that you let it go for a while in hopes that the 'gingery color' will fade on its own.

Professional help is the safest and sanest solution, especially if you want to keep your hair long. Trying to tone it down while you have highlights in your hair could result in a gray mud looking color.

M
meerkat Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi

I posted a thank you earlier, but it seems to have vanished into cyberspace! Just washed hair again, and red's literally slid off, which is great. Thanks for advice re not toning down highlights. Will do highlights less often/intensely.

Thanks, Cat

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.