logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hey all!

Suggestions on upcoming horror writers? Who would you like to hear more about? Any good books lately? What is the meaning of life? Wait..scratch that last one. Who cares about that?

I can't stress or emphasize how important your feedback and thoughts are to the continued success of this site. Also, I want to welcome all new subscribers who have recently joined the dark side. Everyone should be proud! Since I took over the site last November our subscribers have grown by about a third! Kudos to you all! Keep lovin' that horror. I hope to be setting up some chats in the near future so that our twisted minds can commute in blissful 'net harmony.

Blessed Be the Nightmares,

J.D.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
As there have not been any replies to this post, I assume there are no other up and coming horror authors, which leaves the way clear for me, so I nominate myself, Shaun Jeffrey. If I don't like what I write, how can I expect other people to enjoy it? :-)

I also think other authors to keep an eye out for are Joe Hill and Patrick Lestewka.

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
It's like the Marie Celeste in here. Hello, anyone there?

OP Offline
Shaun,

We're here...we're just watching and waiting for the right moment. Mwahahah. No, seriously, I'm looking forward to enjoying your fiction. Maybe someday I'll even be able to feature you on the site. Let me know if you're interested.

Best,

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Look! It's moving. It's alive. It's alive.;-)

Glad to see someone's awake. It would be great to be featured on the site one day. Just name the day.

E
Koala
Koala
E
Hi Justin

A brilliant up and coming horror writer is David Wellington. I've just finished reading his amazing trilogy: Monster Island, Monster Nation, and Monster Planet. Dave's trilogy is a slightly different take on the "Undead/Walking dead" genre. The dead have come back to a "zombie-like" half-life and are hungry. The "safest" place on earth is the new "Women's Republic of Somalia", and a former UN weapons inspector must return to undead New York to salvage anti-retrovirals in order to buy citizenship into Somalia for himself and his daughter. Dave comes up with a highly entertaining, gory, and compelling premise, and his characters are memorable and engaging. Even his villains are brilliant.

What makes this trilogy incredible is that Dave has been posting his serialisation of these three novels on a blog for the past year and a bit - completely and absolutely free for anyone to read. One chapter every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - as he writes it with no rewrites! (except for the odd typo correction). He's generated an eclectic and eccentric following, and the comments posted to the blog-novels by the regulars are almost as entertaining as the books. He's finally posted the final chapter of the concluding novel, and announced a book deal with Thunder's Mouth Press. Monster Island should be available in April 2006 - so look out for it. I will definitely be adding it to my collection and I'm sure I'll read it a few more times. But I highly recommend having a read online in the meantime. It's well worth the read.

Last edited by elle_CreatEd; 10/17/05 11:13 PM.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
OP Offline
Elle,

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to check his work out!

Justin

E
Koala
Koala
E
I just wanted to add that the book version of Dave Wellington's Monster Island, ISBN 1560258500, is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com. Amazon is bundling it with Stephen King's latest, Cell, which is a really nice deal.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
D
D
How about Jeff Strand? He is kind of a black humor horror.

I've heard good things about Jeff Strand. Also steven Shrewsbury, Brian Knight, Lucy Snyder, Angelina Hawkes, ... you can usually talk to them at Shocklines, http://p082.ezboard.com/fshocklinesforumfrm2

Or (of Course) Horror World. Matthew Warner has some good articles with them. I've enjoyed reading them. Intelligent, tight writing.

I catch their work in some of the horror mags coming out like Insideous Relection, or (my favorite) Surreal.

Last edited by ghostposts; 04/24/06 09:56 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.