Print Thread
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Actor Henry Winkler learned he had dyslexia at age 31. He is featured on an NPR "Talk of the Nation" interview with the author of "Meeting the Challenge of Learning Disabilities in Adulthood," Arlyn Roffman

Henry Winkler NPR - Talk of the Nation - on Learning Disabilities

Pam W
SE of Seattle
Learning Disabilities - Bella SNC

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Henry Winkler is a great advocated for Dyslexia and he has always been very open to talk about his Dyslexia as well as others. This insight can be very encouraging for those of us who also have Dyslexia, me included.

Famous Dyslexics

As a child, I was called stupid and lazy. On the SAT I got 159 out of 800 in math. My parents had no idea that I had a learning disability.
--Henry Winkler

I hated school . . . . One of the reasons was a learning disability, dyslexia, which no one understood at the time. I still can't spell . . .
--Loretta Young

I never read in school. I got really bad grades--D's and F's and C's in some classes, and A's and B's in other classes. In the second week of the 11th grade, I just quit. When I was in school, it was really difficult. Almost everything I learned, I had to learn by listening. My report cards always said that I was not living up to my potential.
--Cher

Kids made fun of me because I was dark skinned, had a wide nose, and was dyslexic. Even as an actor, it took me a long time to realize why words and letters got jumbled in my mind and came out differently.
--Danny Glover, actor

Famous Dyslexics
http://www.dys-add.com/symptoms.html#famous

Victoria Abreo
Editor - Alternative Medicine Site
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Thanks! That web link http://www.dys-add.com/symptoms.html#sum also had listings of symptoms of dyslexia, preschool warning signs, and other topics. I thought the explanation of light sensitivities was especially interesting. We used a color overlay on pages when my son was learning to read after discovering by accident that he seemed to be able to recognize words easily when the print was not on white paper.

Pam

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website

Moderated by  SNC_Editor_Pam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.