Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#203391 07/26/05 06:23 PM
K
katsmi Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I know this may seem like a strange thing to ask...I was unaware that I was pregnant, but had an inkling. I would have been 7 weeks along when I had brown spotting, and in the evening I began to feel cramping, and soon went to the bathroom where I had passed a sizable gel sac, with two smaller ones attached, with two long bloody strings attached to those. I was pretty shaken up, and sadly flushed this before anyone else could see. For the rest of this day and the following, I was extremely bloated (which has never happened with my period) so much that I could not sleep on my stomach and had a difficult time walking around. I have been bleeding with cramps since then, and the bloating has decreased a bit, and the bright red blood has now turned brown. I had bloodwork done yesterday (3 days after the incident) and the results came out where my HCG levels indicated non-pregnancy, so they assumed I just had a bad period. Can HCG levels be low after a miscarriage? It seemed very much like I had a blighted ovum...does anyone have more information?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
There is always a slight possibility, because quite a few preganancies and in miscarriage way before a woman knows she is pregnant. But there are sooooo many other things it could be, too. You could be working on developing endometriosis, so you need to keep an eye on your period and cramping. I always assumed women got this before they had children, but AFTER 3 kids and very regular periods it happened to me w/ lots of cramping bloating and passing very large clots that ranged in color from bright red to brown to black. You could have a cyst on an ovary that is confusing your uterus into hanging onto its lining, and then shedding a LOT at one time making it look like a sac.

Don't let yourself go into a depression over this or worry too much about it being a miscarriage. If it was, then it would have been because the baby would most likely have had major problems, probably not survivable. But like I said, there is no way of knowing for sure. Keep an eye on your menstrual cycles to make sure there are no continuing problems, and don't beat yourself up.

Michelle Taylor
Why me? What did I do to deserve this?
(go on, ask)

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.