#202231 07/18/05 10:45 PM
A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Angeles,

I picked up Play and Learn Spanish. It is a parent and child book with a CD. There are dialogs with a little song. I'm in need of assistance hearing the words so that I can understand. My vocabulary is in need of great improvement also but the ear is really my weakest link to learning a language.

The first verse/dialog is !A levantarse!

I don't know the best way for myself to go about re-learning Spanish. A long time ago I tried a German conversation class. I had some success with that but the instructor taught the class in a very different way - there was no book but she would give us many vocabulary words (nouns and adjectives) that fit in a certain scenario and a few verbs. We would study them during the week. Then in the next class she would call two people up who would then have a dialog based on those words and any previous ones we had studied. One would ask a question and the other would respond and so forth. Of course, I'm studying this by myself which doesn't help.

Well, just thought I would tell you this. I'll check out your webpage and study guides for more vocabulary words. I'll keep you posted on my book! The one you are working with now would be too difficult for me - the Ugly Duckling was pretty good but I need to read it out loud.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#202232 07/20/05 11:28 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Hola Angie,

Yes, maybe this month's book is too difficult, so better if you go on studing with the help of a children's book.

Your experience with that German class sounds good, as one thing is learning the theory, but another one, very different is going to the practice; it's normal to have 'problems' with the pronounciation, as in this case, for example, English and Spanish have not a lot in common!

Let's us know how do you go with this new children's book, and if you need any help, please post your questions here or e-mail me. ok?

Hope to hear soon from you,

A
A
I am not sure exactly where you are starting, but I actually used television and music to improve my oral comprehension. I took only year of Spanish in college, and I was able to understand (almost) anything that was said slowly enough. But after six to eight months of telenovelas (admittedly, watching every night), I was able to chat with all the hispanic exchange students in my school with very little difficulty. I probably worked on it a little every day, but at least music and TV are fun, so it didn't feel like studying. And I talked to MYSELF a lot. I repeated words and pronunciations that sounded difficult -- anyone who was watching me would have thought I was talking to the TV. I also would sing along to Shakira or Marc Anthony, with the Spanish words in front of me. Anyway, Good luck!

---Khara Aisha

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.