logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#201534 07/13/05 01:32 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
What are your feelings on teens having plastic surgery done? Should parents let them? Thoughts?

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I don't think teens should be allowed to have any procedures done. The female body continues to grow into the early 20's and on top of that, if they want kids, all that money is going to go to waste when they get pregnant.

Tiger
Tiger
I think it's nuts. I have a friend who started the Beautiful Women Project because her daughter came home to say her and her friends were saving up for breast implants.

Here's more info on this worth while project:
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art25327.asp

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I forget what news program I saw a story about this...it was around graduation time in June...but a lot of high school graduates who recieved money for their gifts were putting it towards breasts for college. I thought I was greedy when I used my graduation money to go on vacation with a friend of mine 13 years ago lol

Koala
Koala
I can understand if it is something like having their ears pinned back (esp. if they have big ears and the kids are constantly making fun of them) or maybe breast reduction surgery in a case of a girl having enormous breasts. Something like that to me would be ok. Especially if it is something that other kids have made fun of them for. If it is just purely "just because" I don't think it is that good an idea.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Elephant
Elephant
I think it's important for teens to wait until their bodies have stopped developing, changing and growing before considering anything so drastic as plastic surgery.

J
J
Having been a teenager and having breast reduction surgery at 15 I would say it depends. As an side effect of childhood asthma medications and hormanal changes I developed "male breasts" no matter how much I exercised or dieted it never went away. This was pretty much my only option.

Could I have waited until I was an "adult" sure. But it would have caused more emotional/social issues I'm sure.

I know most of the discussions here are female oriented. I'm just offering a male point of view.

I wouldn't allow my daughter to get plastic surgery. Her desire to do so would only mask a deeper psychological issue like lack of confidence - or the need to feel accepted by men. Sadly, that's the type of culture we live in today. TV, magazines, films all idealize the thin woman - the "perfect" one. So sad.
That reminds me - have you seen that reality show on the E! Channel called Gastineau Girls? There was an episode on that show where the daughter Brittny (who wants to be a runway model) wouldn't take off the sarong she had on during a bikini photo shoot...because she was insecure about the lower part of her body...for goodness' sakes she's gorgeous! Now there's a perfect example of someone so warped by the "system" that she felt the need to cover herself!
Granted, she wants to go into modeling/runway but it's sad that a beautiful girl like her would have it in her mind that she was fat - and she's not...perhaps for the industry she was deemed heavy...but in "reality" she's not. That's so warped...I better not hear (on season 2 starting 11/29) that she wants lipo...I would be apalled.

I only hope for my daughter that her inner beauty is brought to the outside...and that she's not riddled with insecurities, doubts or a desire for plastic surgery...it's so ridiculous. And it makes me so mad...it's ok for a man to be fat but for women it's the curse of all curses....horrible!

F
F
I think teens should WAIT a long while before having plastic surgery...it shouldn't be even on your mind till maybe after college..when you are more mature...but anyways i love watching plastic surgery shows though, like Dr.90210 on E? do any of y'all watch it? a new episode premieres monday at 10pm on E! Check out more info here:
http://www.eonline.com/On/Dr90210/index.html?Dr9GM

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Unless it is to repair a deformity or something else like ears not pinned correctly on the head it is a stupid thing to do. They can consent at that age and understand what they are about to do but it would be better to wait until their bodies are completely developed. I do not want it banned unless we are talking about a child or a baby, teenagers can consent and understand fully things.

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.