I honestly can't believe what Congress wants to do. They are trying to get rid of one of my kids favorite shows - Sesame Street!

My 4 young ones love PBS shows. And I like that they aren't bombarded with commercials while they watch the Cookie Monster.

If you're like me you know that these educational and fun shows on PBS are important to our children's development.

Well, the House of Representatives is about to vote on whether to cut federal funding for public broadcasting by 45 percent -- the largest cuts in history.

And the House will also vote on whether to ELIMINATE funding for the Ready to Learn program, which supports educational and commercial-free children's programming on public television including SESAME STREET.

If you would rather have your hard earned tax dollars go to BIG BIRD instead of TOBACCO LOBBYIST then let your Congressperson know. Let your voice be heard.

Call and email your member of Congress and let him or her know where you stand.

To find your representative in the House go here:

http://www.house.gov/

You can also go here and sign a petition that will be sent to both your House and Senate Representatives.

Tell your family, friends, co-workers across the country and ask them to let the House know how they feel.

If you wish to express your opinion on this issue, you must act soon. The House of Representatives could take final action on these cuts by Wednesday, June 22.

Tell your representative he or she won't be able to count on your vote if they eliminate The Count.

Tell your rep to leave our kids alone! Tell them to pick on someone their own size!!!