Hi there,
Real-Estate is cheaper abroad, well most likely anyway.
There are places where you get houses for less than US$ 30 000 but who would like to live there. Apart of that it is not easy to move abroad.
The Language for example: How like to learn a new language?
It is not really difficult but you need discipline for at least a half year to learn Spanish in the Mexican case. Or in the Venezuelan case as I live on Margarita Island, Venezuela.

There a several mistakes people make when moving down to us or other places. Mostly because of the lack of common sense.

To go about the move to Venezuela or any other country abroad many things have to be kept in mind. Venezuela is a particularly nice country, it has nice beaches, a world famous waterfall (Angel Falls) Tabletop mountains and much more.
Unfortunately for the English-speaking world, the official Language is Spanish. There are many ways to learn Spanish but no one takes away the burden of vocabulary learning. Can't be helped, can it? Moving to Venezuela is quiet easy, once you decide to do it with little or even better, no furniture, just with six hold-alls. Let's face it, everything can be bought down here, especially in times where the Internet removed borders.
It is a great deal of hassle to organize a container for anyone who is not a long distance hauler. Should there be any furniture you cannot live without, best way to get it here is using a professional service and now you need to start an experience-gaining trip. Which handler is reliable? It�s all for you to find out.

The same problem arises when you get here. People have been frauded since the beginning of time but why you? It�s vital to have a reliable consultant, especially because you�re not familiar with the way of working, the mentality and the laws of the country you�re moving to. The best thing you can do is to do the same as you do at home. I�ve never understood the desire to move a community of your own kind, once you go to another country and I think I'm not alone. I don�t like such communities in my country and there is no reason why I should like them somewhere else.

People move around carefully in New York but wander around in shabby areas in Caracas. Sounds a bit silly, doesn't it? And it is. Why would I behave differently here than I at home? What�s different here? Is it because the sun shines, every day?
One hears stories about trusting unknown people, helping at an ATM (Automatic Teller Machine), and afterwards they wonder where they�re money has gone or their card have been exchanged! Would you do that at home?

Others have been convinced to give credit or money to virtually unknown people, 'cause they are so nice. Of course they�ll never get they�re money back! Others have bought houses without checking if the ground is included in the price and if the supposed owner really is who he/she says he/she is! I don't know about you but I do it when I�m buying property. I have seen people put all their belongings in one bag and losing it 'cause muggers could figure out where everything was. Of course crime exists here, but where doesn't it? So don't buy a house in a neighborhood you don't know without getting all the essential information. Another mistake is to play a rich guy or girl. People talk and down here it is not different. It is not good anywhere that people, mostly poor, talk about you as someone with a lot of money. So be careful when you buy things in your new country start with older stuff and move up.

A few things you should know is the Visa issue:
There are several types of visas and almost all of the visas we give a helping hand in, are best to be applied for inside Venezuela as the renewal always takes place where the visa issued.)

The Visas
Business Visa
Investor Visa
Entrepreneur/Industrialist Visitor
Venezuelan Family Relation Visitor
Visitors with Fixed Income (produced outside Venezuela)
Student Visitor
Religious Visitor
Family Member Visitor
Returning Resident
Work Permit
Transit Visa (transit traveler)

In the Venezuelan Site [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Last edited by arnego2; 10/04/06 10:10 PM.