Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
[quote=Tamla McDonald-Thompson]Our 10 year tried a sneaky way of trying to get one or the other but because I'm a game wiz I know that both of these handheld game is not for his age, my husband don't play games at all and don't know anything about them.......so he waited until he and his dad was alone out of the house and started asking for the game DS same maker of game boy advance...........my husband asked him if it was a learning game he lied and said yes.............just to see if his dad would get it for him........... handheld cost 149.99, you can chat with other game players, play games and much much more not for a age of a 10 year old.......so my husband told him let me ask tamla and see if she knows a little more about the game...........of course I did and explain everything to my husband and my husband told him no it's too advance for you............then he tired for the PSP handheld which is 300.00 saying it only play game.......which I know much better then that it play movies and much more....................my husband did his own research and found out even the seller of the game said no it's not for 10 years more for the age group of 17 year old and that same day my husband saw a teen playing with it and asked him about it.........he told my husband "I'm 18 and I have trouble understanding what everything do on the game and laugh and said your going to buy it for your 10 year old I would say no" [/quote] it is hard to say no to them don't you agree ! my 15 year old has a ps3 and I try to monitor which games he plays but it is hard work as they all swap at school and you can't track them (they all look the same to me anyway!)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I think again the key here is that there are a TON of great educational games for these systems. The console itself is perfect for playing very kid-friendly games. It is then up to the parent to supervise what GAMES are put into the systems.

There are amazing learning opportunities on each of these systems - and also very fun family friendly activities. You have to supervise what your child does, just as you supervise what your child watches on TV. It's not the TV that is bad. The TV has Sesame Street and other brilliant programs on it. It's that you have to pay attention to what it is being used for.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
F
F
Long time. I can't wait

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.