Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#191513 05/10/05 12:23 PM
M
mylove Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi, I'm a newbie here and I guess I just want to ask if anyone else has had this happen to them. I recently had a dream that had a person in it that I have a crush on, we were not interacting at all in this dream. At a point in my dream we came face to face and he started talking to me when all of a sudden he got a strange look on his face, kinda shook his head, and looked at me as if seeing me for the first time(even though we had just been talking). He said to me "oh, its you" then just as quickly he went back to being the way he had been before. Please know that this person has never met me nor has ever seen my face in real life. I dont know if this is the sort of question you normally answer, but it has been disturbing me for a few weeks and I'd like to know if I'm just crazy or maybe not alone in this experience.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
You're not alone! Our dream lives are active and informative. I've been having some real doozies lately, let me tell you!

I think this dream is about your "crush," and fear about approaching this fellow in some way in case he rejects you. I would try to find very subtle ways to express my interest in him. Stealthily arranging to be in his view and lowering your lashes, looking up, and smiling is the age-old cave-woman signal to the opposite sex, honey, and if he's at all flattered by your signal, he'll take some steps. If not, save him for your dreams, but don't worry about it if he's not receptive. You have no idea of what's in his life, and failure to respond on the part of an interesting guy is no reflection on your desirability. Dream on!

Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
You're not alone! Our dream lives are active and informative. I've been having some real doozies lately, let me tell you!

I think this dream is about your "crush," and fear about approaching this fellow in some way in case he rejects you. I would try to find very subtle ways to express my interest in him. Stealthily arranging to be in his view and lowering your lashes, looking up, and smiling is the age-old cave-woman signal to the opposite sex, honey, and if he's at all flattered by your signal, he'll take some steps. If not, save him for your dreams, but don't worry about it if he's not receptive. You have no idea of what's in his life, and failure to respond on the part of an interesting guy is no reflection on your desirability. Dream on!

I could not have said it better myself, Mary Ellen! I'd also like to add that he may not represent who he appears to be in your dream. He may actually symbolize a part of yourself (as Mary Ellen said, fear of rejection, a boss or other person you are seeking approval from or a situation that is unrelated, such as something at work.

Keeping track of your dreams and then looking at them as a whole can help you figure them out.

You may find some of these articles helpful:

Sex and Intimacy

M
mylove Offline OP
OP Offline
M
ok, I guess I did not make myself too clear as I can see myself by reading my post again:) I guess what I meant to say is that he suddenly stopped acting like he was in the dream and actually seemed to SEE me.....like if he was asleep at the same time and I suddenly appeared in HIS dream....do you see what I mean? I felt like suddenly I wasnt dreaming anymore, and that he, the actual person, not the dream person,was inside my dream for just a few seconds....I think I sound crazy right about now.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
ok, I guess I did not make myself too clear as I can see myself by reading my post again:) I guess what I meant to say is that he suddenly stopped acting like he was in the dream and actually seemed to SEE me.....like if he was asleep at the same time and I suddenly appeared in HIS dream....do you see what I mean? I felt like suddenly I wasnt dreaming anymore, and that he, the actual person, not the dream person,was inside my dream for just a few seconds....I think I sound crazy right about now.

No, not at all! People can indeed share dreams, or you may have experienced a lucid dream. It may have even been a form of astral projection.

In lucid dreaming, we are in a stage of sleep where we are partially awake. These dreams usually occur in the 6th hour of sleep, or an hour or two before you wake up. Almost all of us have lucid dreams without realizing it.

There are lots of articles and links here:

Lucid Dreaming

M
mylove Offline OP
OP Offline
M
So even though he doesnt know me, he may have shared my dream even for an instant? I have tried astral projection before and not been succesful as I have a hard time meditating. All I can say about this experience is that I felt that neither of us was dreaming anymore at that moment, it only lasted an instant, then I went back to my dream scenario and so did he.....so weird...

Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
So even though he doesnt know me, he may have shared my dream even for an instant? I have tried astral projection before and not been succesful as I have a hard time meditating. All I can say about this experience is that I felt that neither of us was dreaming anymore at that moment, it only lasted an instant, then I went back to my dream scenario and so did he.....so weird...

Yes, that is quite possible if you have a psychic connection.....or, if this was the first lucid dream you remember, the experience of realness in a dream may be new to you. Also, keep in mind that he may represent someone or something else in your dream since they speak in symbols, such as the relationship your heart desires.

M
mylove Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I'm not sure that I understand the 'Lucid Dream' experience...if someone could explain it to me in easy terms please?....

Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
I'm not sure that I understand the 'Lucid Dream' experience...if someone could explain it to me in easy terms please?....

Hi mylove,

Simply put, lucid dreams occur when our brains are in two stages of consciousness at once - both asleep and awake. When you learn to recognize this, you can deliberately influence what you do in your dream.

One way of telling the difference is to note whether you are just observing or making concious decisions and actions in your dream.

There's a ton of info here:

Lucid Dreaming

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.