Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hello Richard,
I'm so glad that you posted and I hope you will feel free to visit and express your side of any discussion we have here.

Everything you said is so very true of the majority of men and women today.

Thank you.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
Richard, I really appreciate your comments and I think I can say for all here that it is nice to hear a respectful man say that "women are out in front". This comment shows your love and respect for women and one woman in particular.

However, another problem I see (from a woman's point of view) is that women have long believed the lie that they should be out in front. God authored the Godly authority...he made it very clear that God is the head of all, Christ is the head of the church and man is the head of the woman. Not head as in "do everything I tell you and never make a peep" but rather in a Godly, holy way.

Anyway, the trouble that I see is that men get dissed EVERYWHERE. Take a survey of the commercials on television. There are SO MANY that make men look like stupid imbeciles. They are designed that way. To make a man look like a bumbling idiot and the woman must "rescue" him. Yeah, it's cute to a point. But it is also dangerous.

Our young men in this society (my son-- your son-- and/or grandsons) not only have precious few role models to look to see how a Godly head of the house should act but they will find none in network television. The men are portrayed as weak and unable to blow their noses by themselves let alone run a capable house. That is so NOT good.

I am raising a son. His father and I want him to be ready to lead household in a Godly manner. I am blessed to be married to a man who trusts God and even though he did not have a Godly example, he had a good, strong father and he is trying to learn how to lead a house the way God would want.

But the media does not make it any easier for young men like my 12 year old to understand what a strong, Godly man looks like. There are no real examples.

So while I thank Richard for the female vote of confidence in we women, I want to remind everyone that we have some AMAZING MEN in this country as well. I know ... my daddy was one of them and I am married to one. They do not get their due in this society that is for sure. So hat's off to all the strong, loving, Christian men out there who are trying their best to hold the line in a difficult situation. -Jenny.

L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Jenny, Richard again -

I agree with what your saying about role models - HOW TRUE...being involved in education and coaching, I can't believe how many mom's come to the games - and the dad's don't seem to have the time - or when they do come, it's not for fun...........it's a war.

I agree with much you said - my dad was also one in a million - but men in the past have brought this condition you mention on themselves..............the woman's lib thing has always been an issue - but I personally believe men had a lot to do with it - the way the mom's were treated in the homes as homemakers.........and forgotten really.........while so much "stuff" went on behind closed doors. I think women were forced out of their homes to work if for nothing else - insanity being cooped up and men not doing their share to love them as Christ Loves His Church....

Your right again - there are a few great men - but oh so so many jerks..........and along the way, I think the woman's lib thing "got away" from the group..........and the casualty of that is what we're are experiencing today.

IT REALLY IS TOUGH TO FIND ROLE MODELS............AND THE MEN ARE PORTRAYED AS YOU SAID............I was hoping the Promise Keepers and organizations like that would have a greater influence.....and they will, and it will take time as it did to get us to were we are now.

Again, I mean no dis-respect to this woman's page -
God Bless

Richard

J
J
You are in no way disrespecting this page. At least I don't see it that way. I will respectfully disagree with you on one point. Men did not bring women to the point they are in today. We must bear that responsibility ourselves. While I love my gender and there are so many wonderful examples of strong, hardworking, God-fearing women...there are an equal to greater number of women who are a disgrace to their gender. I won't name any names but they sell themselves so short by using only their sex appeal and they cheapen all of women kind when they do this. They are everywhere in the media. And as my southern daddy used to say.. we women "made our bed and now we have to lie in it". We wanted 'equality' in the workplace.. well now most of us MUST work outside the home because of the economy that is now a result. I love my gender but I am sometimes ashamed of some of us. I still say that women must stop blaming men and accept the responsibility of what they have made our gender themselves. For years, it was said that we were little more than property to men. Well now we have emancipated ourselves but where are we? Little more than sex objects. And that was our own doing...not the man's fault. My best to everyone. No disrespect or harshness was meant to anyone. Just expressing my opinions and enjoying the discussion. -Jenny.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.