Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#189582 04/22/05 08:05 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I was 15 weeks pregnant...I started having cramps that felt like contractions 4 days ago and started bleeding a little...I was on medicane for a bacteria infection...I went into the E.R. and also had a fever of 100.5...the babys heartbeat was fine and they sent me home and said nothing was wrong...2 days later (yesterday) I lost the baby...I feel like if they would of done something when I was in the E.R. this could of been stopped b/c the dr said she thought it was caused from an infection in my body...what do u think
The dr. cleaned him up afterwords( I didnt need a d and c) and I got to hold him...they also gave me a memory box with a pictures of him, his hand and feet prints, poems and a baby ring...he looked so sweet...
I keep blaming myself...maybe if I would of done something different...does the pain ever get easier?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#189583 04/26/05 04:53 PM
S
S
I am so sorry for your loss.

My pain gets easier as time goes by...but never really goes away. Some days are harder than others.

Me 32, hubby 32.
Seriously TTC since 3/04. 3 losses since (blighted ovum @ 10 wks, 2 chemical PGs @ 4.5 wks). Dx w/antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 4/05.
#189584 06/04/05 03:28 PM
B
B
Yesterday I had a miscarriage. I had my miscarriage at home. I had gone to the hospital a few days before to have an ultrasound. They found no heartbeat. I prayed it was a mistake. I miscarried at home. It was the first and only time I have ever been pregnant. I think the thing that hurts the most is never knowing. I would have to say though one of the worst comments I have heard from people is oh you can try again. blah what a horrible thing to say to someone.

#189585 06/07/05 08:12 PM
C
C
Bethee,
So sorry to hear that. I also had a misscarriage recently (5/24) 7 weeks into my first pregnancy. That day was misery. I was having sharp pains in my shoulder. I called my doctor's office and they told me it had nothing to do with my pregnancy, made me feel like I was over reacting. But they said I could come in anyway for an ultrasound. I did go in and they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. There's no way of knowing if the symtpoms were related. Just 4 days prior, my ultrasound was fine.

They told me to get a D&C right away to avoid infection so I had it done the next day. I too had feelings like they could be wrong. I felt my baby was ripped from me and I woke up from the procedure feeling no symptoms of pregnancy. I felt empty.

My heart goes out there to mothers who've miscarried. The emotional pain of losing my first baby at 7 weeks was terrible. I can't imagine what women who miscarry further along feel (like Sarah posted).

#189586 06/13/05 07:45 PM
S
S
I was pregnant w/ my 1st baby. and I lost it a week ago. I was 10 wks pregnant. the docs told me that they found a 7 wk old fetus w/ no heartbeat. One of the worst things that Ive heard so far is "you can always have another", or "atleast it was now, an not when u felt the baby". theres been a few ppl that i know that have actually gone thru this. but nobody can really help me deal with this. they either dont know what to say, or just dont say anything. if theres anyone who can give me a little bit of advice, please let me know.

#189587 06/15/05 10:27 PM
L
L
I miscarried a week ago. This is such a rough time. Not the miscarriage itself, which was virtually painless. It's all the other things whirling around in my mind.

Let me back up a bit. My life has radically changed in the last two years. I was in misery in dysfuntional marriage, got a divorce, moved back home to the other side of the state, met with my college sweetheart who was also divorced, got a good job, bought a house with my old flame, got married, and landed my dream job.

So overall, life has been very kind. The bad part was the miscarriages. My husband and I both want children, but we're getting older... I was so excited, but nervous the first pregnancy. We weren't married yet then, which made some social situations a bit dicy, but overall I was very happy, as neither he nor I were sure if we could get pregnant.

Then, a week after I broke the news , I miscarried at home. (I figure we were about 11-12 weeks along, but I hadn't made the first doctors appointment as I had just started a new job and until then had no insurance...) No pain, but the blood loss was enough I passed out and my family, whom I was still living with at that time, took me to the emergency room. They gave me fluids intraveinously, and I was able to go home later that same day.

About 8 months later, after many months of hoping, thinking maybe I was pregant, and being disappointed when my period arrived, we became pregnant again. Joy! I wasn't worried about miscarrying again, because I know it is quite common in a first pregnancy.

This time around we waited to tell people anyway. One very cool thing was that my husband's best friend and his wife were also pregnant, with about the same due date. She and I are on good terms, but not exactly close. I was looking forward to us being able to talk about what was going on, and eventually have the munkins playing with each other while we could talk.

A week before my first doc's visit I started miscarrying at work -- my dream job I had started just that week. I told them there was a medical emergency, and I had to leave. I didn't go home, because my husband was working out of town that day, and no one would be around to take me to the hospital if I needed to go. So I went with the idea I'd check in only if I absolutely needed to. If the cost were the same as the out of pocket cost from the last misscarriage, it would have wiped out our meager savings.

I ended up talking to the hospital chaplin, and through him a grief management nurse. (How cruel is it though, to lead a woman in the process of miscarrying past the maternity ward windows where all the little babies were?) Anyway, they talked me into getting checked out by the ER doctor.

They tried to send me home twice (first time, I made it so far as getting dressed, and going to the lobby, before nearly fainting while trying to buy a soda). Second time, I passed out into their bathroom trying to put my pants back on. Eventually I guess I "convinced" them I was indeed in need of medical help.

I ended up, after almost 8 hours at the hospital, getting a D&C and being admitted for observation overnight.

Now, a week and a half later, I'm wondering what happened, and whether we can have a normal pregnancy. Even if we do, the timing will be much different, and I regret the perfect oppurtunity of getting to know my husbands' best friend's wife better.

My doc is great. I wish we hadn't met the way we did, but she's got a bunch of things she's going to check me for to try and figure out what happened and how to prevent it next time.

I'm trying to keep my hopes up.

Thanks for listening. If you got all this way, Bless You!
Really this was more just something I had to say, more than expecting any response. Just knowing other people have gone through similar situations, and hearing from and about you all helps.

Blessed be.

Lilah

#189588 11/09/05 04:25 PM
R
R
hello ladies, I went to the er 3 weeks ago for some abnormal cramps and they found out that I was pregnant, but after and ultrasound and blood tests, they said that the baby had no heartbeat and had stopped growing at 8 week. I then made an appointment with my ob, who told me that I should wait and let my body do it naturally but here I sit 3 weeks later with little to no symptoms whatsoever. I get cramps pretty bad but still am having problems, I just really don't want to go for a d & c.. I am upset and really emotional, my hubby does understand and is just as upset but he seems better at hiding it, I just needed someone to talk to that knows how I am feeling and to maybe get some advice as to what to do now

#189589 11/12/05 07:53 AM
L
L
I just found out that I have miscarried identical twins, (my first pregnancy). I went this past Tuesday for a check up and they found no heartbeat, the doctor wanted to wait until Friday to do a repeat ultrasound on a higher resolution machine. I had to sit it out at home for three days wondering what was going on, this was the most horrible feeling I have ever had. Now the doc wants to "let me pass it naturally" but if I don't by Weds, then we'll do a D&C. I don't know how to feel about this. It was hard enough waiting to find out my babies are not viable, now to wait and see if I can "pass them" is something I don't know if I can do. Should I see if he can move the D&C up to Monday? I have never been so confused. I don't know how to feel.

#189590 01/13/06 12:53 PM
Sara u seem like me I just had a miscarriage I can talk to my friends but no one really understnad the pain Im in .....plz if u ever wanna talk let me know ok we can help each other !!!! luv Zoey

#189591 01/29/06 08:34 PM
P
P
hi, I'm new, sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I had one in my early 30's and I know how it feels, just wanted to cheer you up, will be praying for you Josie

ubb121677
#189592 02/18/06 12:52 AM
L
L
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My loss was at 12 weeks in Dec 2005. I found that writing to my child helps me out alot.

#189593 02/23/06 02:45 PM
O
O
I know how you feel. i am 22 and i lost my baby 3 weeks ago. this was my first pregancy. for me the pain is about the same was the day i found out. i found myself thinking that i was to blame. i even yelled and crying. why did this have to happen. if i did never to cause it why did it. I dont think a lot a people can give you that answer. I found that going back to work helped but i still have hard days where i dont even want to get up. we dont have a support group where i live i am glad there is this

#189594 02/26/06 08:10 AM
Hi there sorry for everyones losses I have also just miscarried i ad what they call a missed abortion or missed miscarriage i ended up havin a d&c 2 days ago last weeek i had an ultrasound done i was supposed 2 be 10 weeks along and showed only 6 wks 4 days doc said dates could be messed up come back in 2 weeks we will recheck and go from there a week later thursday 3 days ago istsrted very ligt bleeding i went to the doctor the next morning for another ultrasound knowing my baby wastnt ok ultrasound still showed only 6 weeks 4 days i was told that was when my baby died and given th choice to go home and wait to miscarry on my own or go directly for a d&c being i have 2 small kids at home i elected to have the d&c so i wouldnt be home with the kids alone when it happened surgry went well and was sent home a few hours later im doing ok now but i am taking meds that are keeoing mr pretty drugged up for pain i have plenty of them and probably dont need all of them but im almost sfraid to stop taking them because they are keeping me from thinking about what has happend i was so excited to be pregnant again well thanks for listening and good luck to those wo attempt pregnancy again

Mandy
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.