Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#189126 04/18/05 02:42 PM
S
Staci Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My cat Seven has been taking it upon himself to create his own litter box. It is in the same area every time although here and there he will go in the litter box, usually when we are watching him. I've done some reading on UTF and it doesn't seem to fit. We thought maybe he was wanting more attention so we've been playing with him more and of course always snuggling with him. We have not had any recent changes. I'm totally baffled. I don't know what to do. Oh, and it's only when he urinates, he always does the 'other' in the box.

Is it possible to have a UTF and still be able to hold it and go in the same place every time? He doesn't have any blood in his urine, lay with his legs open or cry when he goes. Please, if anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
[color:"purple"]how old is the cat? did you recently have any additions to the household - new pet, new boyfriend? how about a change in the litter? or a change in your schedule?

if none of these apply, you're probably right about him wanting more attention...mine recently came in the office, looked at me and then proceeded to go - right in front of me. that's one sure way of getting attention!!!

if it's not an attention thing - which will probably take a week or so of added attention to see if it makes a difference, he might just have an infection...might want to call the vet if things don't get better.

could just be he wants the box cleaner...i've got a nine-month old male kitten. and he DOES NOT like a dirty box. last time i had a male cat - same thing. and everyone that i know that has a male cat says the same thing.

they will keep going in the other spot until you get rid of the urine smell...there's a product called 'the eliminator' that is specifically for urine. it really DOES nutrilize it, too!!

when i get home (i'm at work now) i'll post the company details...you can find this product at janitorial supply houses OR if they don't have it, you can order it from the company website.

i'll post it later.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
[color:"purple"]zimmerman is the name of the company. it's located in oaks, pennsylvania. i thought i put the website in my favs folder - it's not there now...i'll call them tomorrow & get the website address for you.

there are similar products on the market. i know for sure this one works, tho... and it's not too expensive.[/color]

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
[color:"purple"]just spoke with the company. they were bought out by another company last year (the old website is done & new one isn't up/running yet).

they are still in transition phase - some products will still be offered and others will be discontinued. waiting to hear back on this particular product (the person with the answer wasn't in the office when i called).

try local janitorial supply houses - if they don't have the product in stock, they still might be able to order it. [/color]

S
Staci Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you so much for the help and information!! I'm searching for the product, but at the moment not having any luck. I do think getting rid of the urine smell is the most important issue right now. If I'm unable to find that product, I'll see what else is out there to try.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
[color:"purple"]try doing a google search for janitorial supply and also for uric acid remover.

the person i spoke with never called me back...i'll try contacting the company again next week.[/color]

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.