Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#187475 04/04/05 11:53 PM
J
Jesalyn Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi I'm new and have a question or 2 for you other ladies.
After my second miscarriage my OB/GYN diagnosed me with Anti-phsopholipid Syndrom, Anti-cardiolipin antibodies and Lupis Anticoagulant (blood clotting disorders). He asked that I get retested in a few months. I have been tested by 2 hemotologists and they both say I test negitive for the above problems. And I'm fine. My question is this: anyone else have the same thing? What should I do now? Are these problems pregnancy induced? What did your doctor say?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#187476 04/22/05 08:08 PM
B
B
I know someone that had 3 miscarriages and then got diagnosed with that disorder...when she got pregnant agian the dr put her on aspirin everyday...which I always thought to be harmful to the baby...

#187477 04/26/05 04:57 PM
S
S
Hi. I just tested positive for the 3 things you've listed above. My next pregnancy will be treated with baby aspirin and heparin (a blood thinner I'll have to inject myself with twice daily.)

Baby aspirin DOES cross the placenta, but it is such a small dosage that it doesn't hurt the baby. Heparin does not cross the placenta, so it doesn't hurt the baby the way Coumadin (another blood thinner that can be taken orally) does.

Hope this is helpful.

Me 32, hubby 32.
Seriously TTC since 3/04. 3 losses since (blighted ovum @ 10 wks, 2 chemical PGs @ 4.5 wks). Dx w/antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 4/05.
#187478 05/09/05 04:13 PM
I tested positive for lupus anticoagulant antibodies once and negative for them twice. Apparently they can be transient in the body...you can be negative for it one month and positive the next. My RE recommended low-dose aspirin as well, at 81mg/day, just because of the one positive reading. Low-dose aspirin is generally not associated with any risks to your baby, although the higher dose pills can be dangerous.

After taking low-dose aspirin, I did give birth to a healthy daughter and have another hopefully healthy baby on the way. I am not sure if that is from the aspirin or the progesterone supplements, but I'm convinced one or the other treatment made a difference. I would definitely recommend checking with your doctor on taking it, even if it is for your own peace of mind. It's fairly common for doctors to prescribe heparin also, but mine did not since I only had the one positive reading.

Best wishes and I hope this helps.

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.