logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I didn't really want to pick up this book due to the topic. I ended up loving it and thought that some of you may be interested in it:

Bereavement Dreaming and the Individuating Soul

Does anyone have stories to share? When my sister lost her 2 month old baby to SIDS, she woke up one night to find Jesus standing at the foot of her bed, holding the baby and telling her that he was with him and was fine.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Although the topic may seem to be morbid. I believe that there many instances in which the dead appearing is a very positive thing, such as the incident you shared about your sister.

I recently retired (1/31/05), just before physically leaving my place of business I was asked to remain for two more weeks. I knew I wanted to leave but had misgivings because so many people depended upon me. I did stay the extra 2 weeks but during that time I had an odd dream. Somehow I ended up in the middle of a terrible 'shoot out' or 'gun fight' type place. There was a woman with me (a friend/boss?!) however, when the gun fire started she disappeared and I was left alone to fend for myself. My dad, who has been dead for over 20 years appeared out of nowhere, came up to me and said let's go home. He put his arms around me and led to me safety. After being a little disturbed and thinking about my dream I understood it totally. There was no further doubt in my mind that I was doing the right thing by leaving (or going home).

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hi, Vannie, thanks for sharing! I'm on a time limit this week but I'll be back to share more.

The book has a ton of information. I read it in two days!

Elephant
Elephant
I had a great conversation with a friend who had passed from AIDS one night many years later in a dream. It was so nice just to be able to say hi to him again and see him looking healthy. Funny, I remember saying "this has to be a dream, because you're dead." My friend thought that was a really obvious thing to say and we had a great laugh.

Zebra
Zebra
When I re-married, my husband was jealous of my first husband (deceased). One night, he came through in a vision and delivered a message to my husband. From that time on, my husband's insecurities evaporated.

Last week, my husband's grandomother died. He was feeling quite a bit of grief, more from regret about a family situation. I knew she kept wanting to come through, but quite frankly, I'm a reluctant medium. I don't like doing those kind of things (don't ask me why). It was so strong, I finally had to deliver the message. My husband was completely released from his grief and emotional angst after that.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A few years ago I had an abortion - not something that I am proud of mind you but If I'd had the baby there was no way I'd be able to give it up & I wasn't going to be attached to a drug dealer for the rest of my life.
Long story short, I had a dream shortly after it & at the time I thought that it was a child that I would have in the future, I've come to realize that it was the child I chose not to have. This sweet little blond haired girl dancing in a pow wow circle with a shawl made of pink butterfly wings, laughing in the sun. I know that she is safe and when the time is right she will come back to me again.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Shark
Shark
My grandfather's house burned several years ago, but in the dreams it's often still there. Recently I dreamed that I was sitting in the main living-room of that house, in front of the fireplace. It was a gathering of the extended family, like a reunion, important and formal in that everyone was standing in straight rows or sitting in a straight row of chairs or on a bench. I didn't recognize any of the faces. I was in my pajamas which might have been embarrassing, but somehow it was ok; I must have been sleeping in the bed nearby, and someone woke me up for this important meeting.

The next day I was looking on the Internet for the military record of my great-grandfather, then went back two more generations and found a Native American, Cherokee ancestor -- a woman who gave her sons her adopted English name which became the name of that extended family. I was glad to learn about her; I think the dream was an anticipation of making this discovery.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
My loved ones that have passed are always in my dreams when I need them. It is such a comfort - I feel all are connected forever!

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Wow, you've all shared some great stories! I believe that our beloved make contact through our dreams to give us comfort and closure. It's especially nice when you can share a laugh!

briareus, there are many stories of the dead coming in dreams to tell the living where to find important papers, etc. In the book, the author shares that she dreamed of her son bringing home a friend and introducing him by name. She wrote it down in her journal and later saw a therapist with an almost identical name for her grief issues!

A
A
My father died 11 years ago. About five years ago he started showing up in my dreams. That is the time my mother was diagnosed with Azheimers. Before he showed up a freind channeled my father and he said he was here to help me prepare for my mother to come with him in time. My father is still appearing in my dreams, mostly in a family type setting with my mother. I am not sure what it means but I do find comfort that he is here with me.

Another remarkable thing happened when my came through to tell me he was here with me...a hollyhock bush he planted seven years before that never came up and never came up all of a sudden showed up that summer. I took the bush to be a symbol my father is near. It is still coming up, my mother goes deeper and deeper into the Alzheimers, and my dad still appears to me regularly in my dreams.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.