logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
My recurring dreams/nightmares... When I used to have a cat, Misty, I always had dreams about losing her and then finding her by a source of water (lake, beach, etc). I'd have to rescue her before the water would flood and pull us in. There were even tidal waves. It was odd because when the wave crashed down on me, I lost all sense of what was up and down. I could feel the water just rushing furiously all around my limbs and body.

Then they pretty much stopped after my cat died. I had a couple since but they were never about "finding her". A friend who is immersed in mystical stuff (paganism?) told me that in my previous life, I drowned in a tidal wave and that my cat was possibly my child I was trying to save before the tidal wave came in. I don't necessarily believe it but it makes one think.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Quote:
My recurring dreams/nightmares... When I used to have a cat, Misty, I always had dreams about losing her and then finding her by a source of water (lake, beach, etc). I'd have to rescue her before the water would flood and pull us in. There were even tidal waves. It was odd because when the wave crashed down on me, I lost all sense of what was up and down. I could feel the water just rushing furiously all around my limbs and body.

Then they pretty much stopped after my cat died. I had a couple since but they were never about "finding her". A friend who is immersed in mystical stuff (paganism?) told me that in my previous life, I drowned in a tidal wave and that my cat was possibly my child I was trying to save before the tidal wave came in. I don't necessarily believe it but it makes one think.

Hi DreaminDragon2! Thanks for sharing your dream! Here's an article about cats in dreams:

Cats - Dream Symbols

Your friend may be right in that this could have been a past life dream. This site has a list of criteria for defining past life dreams:

Past Forward

The cat more likely probably represents an aspect of yourself. Water symbolizes emotion and intuition. The tidal wave may represent a force that was threatening to wash away something of importance to you at the time.

You may also want to read this article on losing a pet:

Losing a Pet - Dream Symbols

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.