logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L
I live in northern Michigan and we know alot of bear hunters. I put the word out last fall before season that I wanted some fat or lard to try on a batch of soap. Luckily one of our friends came through with the lard (I really did NOT want to render fat into lard). I just wanted to try it for something different.

Thanks for the sap calculator link

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Youre welcome. Drop by anytime! Let me know how that soap of yours comes out. I wonder how it soaps...?

Editor, Soapmaking site at Bellaonline
Soapmaking Site at Bellaonline

Soap making kits, DIY bath and body kits and customizable labels.
PerfumeKits.com
C
C
Hello,I am new here, And I thought I would introduce myself,
My name is Sarah and I live in Alliance, Ohio USA I get into making alot of differant things and alot of things just come from my head... Well, anyway I have never tried to make soap and
I have read alot of your stuff on soapmaking and really sounds like fun. Can you tell me more.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Hi. I am new here. I have been looking to find information on soap making. I am so glad to see that ppl here don't mind using herbs and stuff for soaps.

anyway, I want to start out using m&p for my first endeavors and I hope this doesn't upset anyone, my experience today and yesterday on a soap board was awful cuz I wanted to start out using m&p.

is there anything bad i need to know about using m&p soap base?

thanx.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Hello Jo Annie:
Quite frankly I dont know of anything negative to say about melt and pour soaps. I do not know why it is so villified by some soapmakers. I love using and making both kinds of soap. If you look on the the high end supermarket shelves and in bath and body type stores, you will find some - but definitely not the quality ones you can craft...? cool

And lets talk about fragrance... no other soap holds and exudes fragrance like melt and pour. Right?

I remember the first time I noticed that soap could be really creative and different was when I saw a loaf of melt and pour with gorgeous jewel colors and a luscious fruity scent that made me want to eat it...that was the kind of soap I wanted to make!!!

You can put your own spin on your melt and pour soaps...there are so many creative ways to make it your own. I have a friend who embeds them with cowrie shells and makes them into a cake and calls them African wedding cake soaps... Checkout her website below Colored Woman and her Cookie Factory

Editor, Soapmaking site at Bellaonline
Soapmaking Site at Bellaonline

Soap making kits, DIY bath and body kits and customizable labels.
PerfumeKits.com
H
H
hello, im also new. I have been making cp and hp soaps for almost 2 yrs, addicted! Iam a mother of twoand "nana" of two. I live in Mn and work at a clinic and love harley riding.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.