logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#181550 02/27/05 10:46 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Violence in schools is a serious issue.Kids need to be supervised.
I wonder why no one was on the school grounds after school when my son was jumped by 3 boys and beaten up. I'm so [censored].Suspension doesnt work because the student doesn't want to be at school anyways.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#181551 03/01/05 04:44 AM
I have a 11 month old girl, and even though it's years away I dred the day she has to go to school. But it doesnt just stop in the schools...it's every where. I can't even watch the news any more...I look at the world in a whole different way now that I have a child. It scares me, in my 21 years of life, I have been held at gun point, held up in my house, rap, 3 house fires, and a car reck...and to think that my daughter or anyone elses child would have to go through any of that scares. I have trouble sleeping or trusting anyone...even some family. When faced with day to day life though and going out with my daughter and her father...I act as if everything is okay...I cant let me worries change others life styles. I that makes any sense. I know your topic was "school violence" but its every where, and it helps me to talk sometimes, even if no one is seeing it. Thanks for letting me vent.

#181552 03/01/05 04:45 AM
I have a 11 month old girl, and even though it's years away I dred the day she has to go to school. But it doesnt just stop in the schools...it's every where. I can't even watch the news any more...I look at the world in a whole different way now that I have a child. It scares me, in my 21 years of life, I have been held at gun point, held up in my house, rap, 3 house fires, and a car reck...and to think that my daughter or anyone elses child would have to go through any of that scares. I have trouble sleeping or trusting anyone...even some family. When faced with day to day life though and going out with my daughter and her father...I act as if everything is okay...I cant let my worries change others life styles. I that makes any sense. I know your topic was "school violence" but its every where, and it helps me to talk sometimes, even if no one is seeing it. Thanks for letting me vent.

#181553 03/01/05 05:22 PM
Gecko
Gecko
We recently moved because of school violence directed at my son..amazingly, the "order" to beat up my son came from the other boys parents!! During a meeting with them to try to stop the problems, the father said "My son will handle this MY way, and I guarentee you won't like it!!" I asked him if this was a threat, and he told me to take it any way I wanted. When I told the police after their son beat up my son, (small-town cops with something to lose if they defended the "wrong" people), they didn't talk to my son, they didn't come to our house, they didn't talk to ANY witnesses at school, then they dropped the case. I knew this would never stop. I knew it would only get worse for my son with the adults having a vendetta against him because he started on the football team ahead of their son. So we swtiched schools and put our house up for sale, sold our animals and moved. My son is MUCH happier now, in a better school, with friends who treat him the way he treats them.

A friend of mine said the best revenge is good living...if this is true these other people can eat my son's dust. He has 4 A's and 3 B's in a harder school with more competition. He played footbal for a bigger team and started, playing wide reciever and the coaches love him. He's on his way.

Not all schools are like that. These kinds of things don't happen in every school. The mother of the other boy is the Elematary school Principal (the school is a K-12 with only about 400 kids in the whole school) and I think she should have known better. If anyone asked me what I thought about this particular elementary school I'd say go else where...

When finding a good school for your child a question I would definatly ask the Principal is whether he or she has children of their own that attend there...if they do, go else where. It's a fine line between being a parent and an administrator at a school...what do you do when it's YOUR child that is the bully? It's been my experience that they deny it and direct all their animosity towards your child..blaming their childs bad behavior on your kid. They also have access to personal information that can be used detrimentally against you as a parent. It happened with my son. The father and mother accessed my son's personal informationa t school, and called my husbands work from home, trying to get him fired.

All in all, be INVOLVED!! Don't back down, if you think your child is being mistreated, go above the administrations head to the school district, go above them to the school board..if you can't get results...go else where...school shouldn't be miserable for kids, it should be fun!

Look at my son... He's a great kid!!

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.