Hi All,

As you may be aware, we've recently changed our forum software. Nothing's perfect, but our site owner is really committed to keeping Bella running smoothly.

Read this email and let me know if you notice anything on the forum. Thanks.

Deanna

My name is Lisa Shea, and I am the owner of BellaOnline.com. I apologize for bothering you with email. We very rarely (if ever) send email directly to our BellaOnline forum members. However, I have a very important update. As you've probably seen recently in our forums, we have just upgraded our software from UBB.Classic to UBB.Threads. This should help prevent the occasional errors that we had been seeing recently.

Unfortunately, the script InfoPop gave us to move all of the data out of UBB.Classic and into UBB.Threads was faulty. It moved the member data, and the forum posts, but it got confused about which members were associated with which posts. As a result, there are some old posts that are now showing up as belonging to an incorrect member.

InfoPop has told us to simply wipe out our current forums (the ones that have been live for 2 weeks) and try again with a new script. However, we know how much you enjoy our forums, so we have chosen not remove the thousands of posts you have added.

So the short version of this note (grin) is that we have to do this manually. We need your help to do this properly. First, look through the forum for any old posts you might have made. If they show up properly with your name, then you are all set and don't need to do anything.

However, if the old posts you made show up with an incorrect name, please let me know so I can fix it. First, make a NEW post anywhere in our forum. If you point at your name in that new post, it will show a little box with your correct Member ID. You'll also see the member ID if you click on your name, in the "Profile" page.

Next, track down an old post you made. Either point at the name assigned on the old post, or click on it, to see the incorrect Member ID that was assigned to your old posts.

Please then send a message to [email]webmaster@bellaonline[/email] with the old member ID and the new Member ID. I can very easily run a script to update our forum database and update your old posts. That will make sure that all old posts you've made are properly credited to you.

I am very sorry this has come down to a manual process, but it appears it is the only way it can get done. Thank you so much for participating in our forums, and have a great weekend!

Lisa Shea
BellaOnline.com