logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#179874 02/17/05 01:23 PM
annieo Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone here uses Avon or Mary Key cosmetic lines. Are you happy with your products, do you like the selection? Do you buy other beauty products other than cosmetics like body wash, lotion, cleansers, etc? I am asking because I work in the beauty industry and the company I work for only sells very expensive lines of cosmetics. They truly belive that people will pay a lot of money for beauty products, but so far all of the customers seem to shy away from buying these products lines (toca, Jan Marinni, Susan Ciminelli, etc). Are Avon products just as good???

Love yourself, love your life, you're all you have.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I have always found Avon products to be too heavily-scented across the board for my tastes.

As a lighter consumer of cosmetics, I prefer to go for the middle to higher end stuff. I go for quality because I have no need for quantity.

Unless it's Halloween and then the Wet-n-Wild black lipstick at $1.59 is absolutely necessary!

I used to work for a very high-end leather clothing company, and educating the customer about why the expensive item actually is better (if it isn't, well, then you're stuck) works well for getting them to buy it.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I think certain inexpensive lines are just as good as their more expensive counterparts. My friend sent me an article recently about one of the products in the SK-II line (that's sold at Saks Fifth Avenue). Their facial cleanser pads are apparently the SAME EXACT THING as Oil of Olay, just packaged and distributed under a different name for 10 times the price. I wonder how often this type of thing happens?

Shark
Shark
I used to use and sell Mary Kay. Didn't like the business. Switched to Avon, and actually use my profits to buy Arbonne that I adore! I prefer the botanically based products and the overall cost is not so bad because it lasts soooo much longer! I find that with my sensitive skin I can now wear make up, and my skin and hair are healthy for the first time in YEARS!

We are all so different and can only use what works best for us, I personally do not like perfumed products.

However you will catch me at a wet'n'wild rack around halloween LOL

AM~

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.