Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
I would love to hear from you as to what kind of articles you would like to see on this site. If you have ideas, please post here or send me an e-Mail. Thanks...

Susan Taylor
BellaOnline Orchids Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
How about an articel on Semi-Hydro orchid growing? I hear alot of people have success with it and say that you can't over water when growing in this fashion. Although it is not for everyone and I think the plant has to be transplanted into it at the proper time to addapt, I have seen one collections grown in it that is do die for.

Josh

Josh
L
L
How about some info on the coconut mixes, I grow in bark but wanted to try some of the coconut mixes but not sure about the quality of some of the seller's selling the coconut mixes. As I know you have to wash the stuff before you use it.

Gecko
Gecko
How about some reviews of some growers? There are a couple here on the mainland and some (alot) in Hawaii...it would be extra great if you could link to some and encourage some online sales... just a thought.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
Thanks, Jenna. I do have links to growers in my Miniature Orchid Series article BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Susan Taylor
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
I had another reader ask about this, too, so I will go ahead and do an article on semi-hydroponics. Thanks for the suggestion and I would love to continue to hear from all of you!!

Susan Taylor
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
I would only purchase from reputable vendors when trying a new mix. Try to get it at an orchid show where you can talk to the vendor and really get some good advice from them or talk to someone local who is using the product. I have a friend who's using coir as an experiment on several orchids and so far she likes it. I have a brick that I'm planning on trying out as my repotting goes forward.

And yes, it does need to be wetted and very carefully washed through several times since it can contain a lot of salts.

Susan Taylor
V
V
My apologies if this has already been posted, but how about repotting tips? It is getting to be that time of year, right?

Thanks!

Angi
L
L
Would love info on how to mount orchids and different types of mounts that can be used.

N
N
Hi Susan -
I've really been enjoying your articles! I know you have done one on miniatures already - we polled our society, and many people seem just fascinated by the miniatures. Perhaps another article (or two) dealing with other reasonably easy minis, plus a few compact-growing full-sized plants (Rhyncholaelia glauca is far, far more compact than digbyana, and the flowers are still big/spectacular).
I'd like some information and articles (with photos) of some of the more bizarre flowers - there are always plants at shows that I have never even heard of; others that I've never seen before. Some orchid flowers are very satisfyingly weird looking.
Regards - Nancy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Anu D - Orchids 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.