Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
brokers12, DrdubbleG, mandyjones, Nicola x, Pure Bliss Handbags
57155 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57155 Members
417 Forums
112906 Topics
799239 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 746
Beetlemess 547
Nancy Roussy 230
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 115
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 104
Mystic - Romance Movies 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 65
Dianne W - Editor 64
Karm - SW USA Editor 56
Tracy - Philosophy 56
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#311445 - 05/06/07 02:57 AM Re: Wheat Pennies [Re: Kevin - Hockey]
babyquacker Offline
Chipmunk

Loc: Maryland
Hi, Kevin! In my collection, I have some Canadian coins, too. It seems that every so often I will get some in my change and I will always keep what I find. When I was in high school, I dated a guy in the Navy who knew I collected coins so he brought some from wherever he landed. I've got a weird collection (although small) of foreign coins. The wheat pennies seem to be the easiest "old" coins to still find regularly.

I hope that you find some cool coins when you check yours out! wink

Trish

Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Twitter Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Facebook Add Re: Wheat Pennies to MySpace Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Wheat Pennies Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Stumbleupon Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Reddit
#339401 - 09/08/07 02:58 AM Re: Wheat Pennies [Re: Anonymous]
Two Sense Worth Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I have a bag of over 5,000 wheat pennies and have never found the time to go through them. Which 5 do you need to complete your set? I may be able to get them for you...

That's my two sense. Cheep.

Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Twitter Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Facebook Add Re: Wheat Pennies to MySpace Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Wheat Pennies Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Stumbleupon Add Re: Wheat Pennies to Reddit
#355143 - 11/19/07 05:43 PM Re: Wheat Pennies [Re: Anonymous]
reddlady Offline

Hi All
Hopefully someone can give me some guidence. My father collected wheat pennies. He passed away and now I don't know what to do with them. Any one give me some suggestions. They are rolled and labeled. I have a number of hobbies and am not interested in keeping them.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Marda

#355146 - 11/19/07 05:57 PM Re: Wheat Pennies [Re: reddlady]
freespirit Offline
Koala

Hi Reddlady,

I would think maybe someone in your family would want to keep them.... they may be worth something if you can find someone to buy them or save them and they go up in value as they become harder to find.

You could always just spend them as pennys but that seems like a waste of your fathers hard work to collect them....

take them to a hobby shop and see if they will buy them from you or at lest tell you what they are worth....

that is all my knowlege of coin collectting....
good luck to all!

#485085 - 01/15/09 05:32 AM Re: Wheat Pennies [Re: reddlady]
rogerdale Offline

Hi Marda if you still have the wheat pennies. I do buy them and collect them. I have a website at www.rogerscoinshop.com where I am buying pennies. I currently am paying 3 cents for each wheat penny. You can contact me through the website if you still have the pennies to sell. Roger

#485106 - 01/15/09 09:35 AM Re: Wheat Pennies [Re: rogerdale]
Rosie 66 Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Newbies, welcome to the forum, We hope yous enjoy your stay.
Rosie

#485182 - 01/15/09 05:02 PM Re: Wheat Pennies [Re: Rosie 66]
Jeanette - Editor Offline
Chipmunk

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio
My husband goes metal detecting as a hobby and he has found a lot of wheat pennies lately in older neighborhoods. I love it when he finds new coins so we can research them and find out more about them and their value.

#493758 - 02/13/09 06:13 PM Re: Wheat Pennies [Re: Jeanette - Editor]
Kevin - Hockey Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Nova Scotia
reddlady, since they are already labeled, get a Red Book from your library or a book store and go through the years to make certain there aren't any key or semi-key dates before you sell them for the minimum (which is 3 cents each). If, by chance, they are graded already that would be a bonus as the higher the grade (they don't necessarily have to be shiny and new) the more they are worth as well.

Good luck!

#493763 - 02/13/09 06:15 PM Re: Wheat Pennies [Re: Kevin - Hockey]
Kevin - Hockey Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Nova Scotia
Trish, that sounds interesting smile Do you have older Canadian coins in your collection? I haven't found anything of much value, but they are all interesting and fun.

#540455 - 07/31/09 03:59 AM Re: Wheat Pennies [Re: Kevin - Hockey]
Quik Offline

I collect Wheat Pennies, If anyone is selling their collection email me. cubanlink38@yahoo.com. Let me know the year of your wheat cent and how much you want for it. I collect for fun not for profit.

Edited by Quik (07/31/09 04:01 AM)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Gary-Coin Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
The Colbert Report
by Nancy Roussy
Specialty Channels
1 second ago
The Daily Show
by Nancy Roussy
Specialty Channels
3 minutes 22 seconds ago
Houdini (part 2)
by Nancy Roussy
Specialty Channels
Yesterday at 10:33 PM
Poem
by Judie Quilting Editor
Quilting
Yesterday at 08:27 PM
Dr Phil
by Nancy Roussy
Daytime TV
Yesterday at 07:03 PM
Buddha's Daughters - Book Review
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 06:50 PM
Chocolate Dirt Cup Recipe
by Michelle -Chocolate
Chocolate
Yesterday at 05:41 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Beetlemess
Home Finance
Yesterday at 03:39 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Beetlemess
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 03:38 PM
Job Charts - Reward Systems
by Lisa - Moms
Moms
Yesterday at 02:54 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (brokers12), 62 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.