logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#176314 01/30/05 11:09 PM
OP Offline
Need help! Have an In Law that is very unclean. She urinates on furniture, breaks toilet seats, leaves fecis on toilets on and on. She is wanting to visit AGAIN. Each time I vow it is the last, as I have to disinfect constantly while she is here, cleaning up after her (so my small children don't get in any of it).. I am passed it and don't know what to do. I have thrown away linens after each visit and cringe in disgust when I am around her. She doesn't shower and isn't clean. She never raised her son (my husband) but since his grandparents (who raised him) passed away he still continues to try w/his mom since she is blood.. But this is just getting too much and we are beyond grossed out. What do we do, I mean she is trying to be a part of our children's lives....... but it is very limited since she lives several states away.. But then she wants to visit... I dont' want her in our home due to health/safety issues, not too mention the costs of repairing or replacing linens, furniture, etc... please help any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.. Thanks

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#176315 01/30/05 11:17 PM
Amoeba
Amoeba
You have GOT to be joking. Just tell her she is unwelcome in your home! Period. How revolting. If you allow her to come back you are playing into it. Stop it.

#176316 01/31/05 11:12 AM
Can you afford to put her up in a budget hotel? If so, explain that it would be for her comfort (since you have little kids). It might be cheaper than replacing sheets, furniture, etc.

#176317 01/31/05 04:30 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
She sounds incontinent - like she needs adult diapers.

#176318 02/11/05 10:42 AM
Shark
Shark
I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to post. I was having trouble logging into the new forum, so please accept my apologies.

As for this post, my first word of advice is to talk this over with your husband, and in a diplomatic way let him know your fears regarding his mother. Then based on his response act accordingly. If he is also repulsed by his mother's behavior, he may agree to put her up in a hotel. But if he wants to have her stay with your family, I suggest talking to her and asking her to be careful not to "spill" or "get" things on the furniture, to wash her own linens and things and to basically clean up after herself during her stay. But no matter what, you should sit down with her and discuss how you'd like her to behave in your home. It is your home, and as a houseguest, she should be willing to accomodate herself to the rules (for lack of a better term) of your house. But you should not feel that you have to clean up after her, as if she were a child. If she's still doing the same things after you've spoken to her, you may need to discuss whether she should be welcome in you and your husband's home because it then becomes an issue of respect.

I hope this works out for you. You'd be surprised how many have a family member that fits this description, so don't feel like you're all alone because you aren't. And you have every right to ask guests to respect your home as much as you do.

Moderated by  Decorum-Is-Key Lisa 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.