Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SRS Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
S
The verdict is in. Scott Peterson was convicted of murdering his wife. What are your thoughts?

Do you agree with the jury's decision?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Agree! In my heart I really do think he did this. I'm sad about the whole thing, though. When the verdict was read yesterday I got a little teary-eyed, because the whole thing is such a tragedy for everyone involved.

chris

S
SRS Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
S
You are so right Chris. This trial really has been emotionally charged on so many levels.

But you know what really upset me yesterday (among many other things). Scott Peterson's family being subjected to boos as they left the court.

I just cannot imagine how it must feel. Within minutes your son is convicted of murdering his wife (and your would-have-been-grandson) and then the crowd starts to boo when they see you. Human nature can be a funny thing some times.

I understand that some people consider Scott's parents to be the people who raised a murderer or "created" a monster - and maybe this explains the behavior. But really? A little compassion please?! I guess it was just misdirected anger that they wanted to be able to direct at Scott, but still...

S
SRS Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
S
But thankfully for Laci's family they can finally start to move on to the next phase of the grieving process. I imagine the sentencing phase is going to be very tough on them... but at least being able to close this chapter must be a huge burden lifted from them. They seem to have a great amount of support from the community. I hope when it is all over, they manage to find some peace.

I agree with the verdict and also applaud the prosecution for presenting a compelling circumstantial evidence case. While I really felt not enough evidence was present, I'm sure the jury could see first hand the defendant's demeanor and were made privy to much more than any of us have seen or heard.

I too became a bit 'teary-eyed' when I first heard the verdict.
I can't help but think how Laci's family is going to feel EVERY Christmas eve. How painful that will be for them while so festive for most of us.

~ Four more years ~
S
SRS Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
S
I wonder if the three jurors who were dismissed and replaced with alternates tipped the scale in favor of the prosecution.

If interviews with the original juror #5 (who missed out on a great deal of the trial) are anything to go by, the defense must be gutted.

I can't wait to hear why the jury foreman was dismissed. It seems it could end up having been one of the pivotal moments in this trial.

Gecko
Gecko
The boo'ing of his parents is really sick. And I totally disagree with those people who feel they "raised a murderer." Who knows why he went "nuts." For example, in the Mark Hacking case, apparently Mark had a major head injury when he was younger. I've known of several people who had permanent brain damage after childhood injuries, but not enough that you could tell just by talking to them. People can have brain injuries or other mental problems and still have a job and seem to be living a normal life. And I think that's way beyond what parents can be responsible for. (Unless they hit the child on the head or something, of course.)

Also, Scott's mom is not healthy. She's on oxygen all the time, for goodness sake. How would those people feel if she had collapsed and been taken away in an ambulance? I fear the answer to that.

As for this juror replacement thing - how crazy. I'm sure more details will be leaking out over time, and especially once the jury isn't gagged anymore. Should be interesting . . .

chris

Parakeet
Parakeet
Jeffery Daumer took great issue with the idea that his parents or anyone anywhere were in any way responsible for his actions. The idea that Scott Peterson did what he did because of some lack of parenting application is beyond the absurd. The crowd booing his poor parents are just showing how high the IQ of a crowd can be...

Blaming society for individual insanity is not good for anyone nor is blaming the individual for societal insanity. People need to be responsible for what they do and should be required to pay the penalty for their actions. I seriously doubt I could hand down a death penalty BUT if anyone deserves it; Peterson does... I sincerely hope all this playing fast and loose with the jury does not end up leading to a future dismissal of this case.

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
S
SRS Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
S
Very well said Roni in regards to personal responsibility! Another point well taken about mob mentality - it goes a long way to explain football hooliganism in Europe and elsewhere.

Jeffrey Dahmer is fascinating. I'll be posting an article about him soon. Watch for it.

A
A
I don't agree with the verdict....I have been following this case from the beginning and cannot for the life of me find any physical or forensic evidence brought forward by the prosecution. I cannot understand how the jury came to this verdict so quickly with no evidence. The verdict was based on media frenzy, emotions and hatred for a cheating husband. Scott Peterson must be the best magician in the world to have murdered Laci with leaving absolutely no evidence and no eye witnesses. The jury rushed to judgement as the LE did in arresting SP for the murder.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Vance - Crime Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.