logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
The most common questions I get as the graduate school host are from individuals trying to decide what major to pursue. I thought it might be helpful for those of you who already have your graduate degree or those of you currently working on your graduate degree to offer insights on how you found the right program for you. I will start off this discussion by posting a reply detailing my own journey to find my degree.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
OP Offline
My undergrad degree is in Business Administration-Information Systems. After a few years working as a computer programmer I discovered teaching. When I decided it was time to pursue a graduate degree I knew online learning would be best because I teach in the evenings and I still needed to be home during the day for my children. I knew someone who had attending University of Phoenix Online. I did not want a MBA, I wanted something that complimented my current career as a software applications instructor. My admissions advisor helped me to choose a Masters in Education, Adult Education and Distance Learning.

Bella Online Graduate School Host http://www.bellaonline.com/site/graduateschool
Owner and operater http://www.finddreamjob.com where we help you find your dream job!
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
I finally decided on my major in Counseling because:

1.) My undergrad degree is in Psychology and I really enjoyed the classes.
2.) My company will pay for 50% of the tuition since the major is related to my work.
3.) I am already doing the work anyway so I figure it makes sense to get a degree where I can count my full-time job as my internship. Speeds up the degree completion date.
4.) I kept thinking I would find another line of work I will enjoy more...so far I haven't so it only helps me to increase my earning power in this field in case I never change course.

Last edited by Lynnk; 11/12/05 09:07 AM.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful."

-Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the Younger," Roman stoic philosopher, writer, and politician (4-65).

Moderated by  Nicole-Graduate School 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.