logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#1657 10/08/04 08:54 PM
Hi,
Just dropped by and thought I'd mention that Shawna Robinson, who has raced NASCAR is my sister.
Sandi

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#1658 04/15/05 01:43 AM
Ive raced in a couple events that supports women racers.

http://thundervalleyracing.com/

Karen is a fantastic person and racing with her is an amazing experience. All the people in the group are interested in eachother, recognizing eachother and helping eachother. The whole group becomes like family. That never happens with other groups. In other events, people are so into themselves.

At any rate, the number of women in the racing events Ive been in has been pretty constant. Thats to say about 1 in 15 drivers are women. Of course, its a lot more in Karen's organized events. But many of the women have been doing it for a long time and are very competitve. I'd say there would be more women drivers at a professional level if they got into racing at a younger age. It seems to me, most women need to be introduced to the sport, while more men enter on their own interest.

Even I dream of sharing the hot seat!!!

C
C
I'm a autocross racer and drive a black 95 R mazda miata. It's not difficult to deal with the male racers, although being 28 and tiny probably helps. Whats most annoying is when I'm not strong enough to do something on my car alone and have to call one of them (ego gets a little brused) but I belong to a few miata clubs and there are a ton of other women out there of all ages!

G
G
For those of you who do enjoy racing you can participate easily right in the thick of things without having to expend for the racing budgets. I volunteer my services as a race control staff member. I work at some of the most premier tracks the U.S. has to offer and I enjoy being a part of putting on a safe event and get the opportunity to see the cars up close, talk to drivers and take pics. check out gdtpits webshots albums. You too can do what I do.

N
Shark
Shark
N
[quote=taco_vendor]lets not forget to include my personal favorite:Danica Patrick. Talent, smarts AND looks! [image]http://www.danica-patrick.com/img/pic_dptoyotaa04.jpg[/image] [/quote] You got THAT right. I like car races but don't watch them too much unless I hear she is in the race. Then I will watch for a while just to see how she's doing.

R
R
no one has mentioned alison macleod yet www.alisonmacleodracing.com talented, smart, gorgeous...

G
G
You might have heard of Laleh Sedigh? She is Iran's first female race car driver.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
There is an article in the July issue of Reader's Digest about Leilani M�nter. She says she cares for the earth and loves fast cars. The article says she's a stock-car and open-wheel driver. She studied biology in college and is into biofuels and recycling.

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
HEY,
I am 14 and i am a racer! I ve raced since i was 10. My number is 36! I race a Hurricane, kinda slow, 13hp motor. Racing is in my blood. My dad raced a 4-cylinder and my brother who is 19 races a 600 micro sprint and so does my cousin. I gotta try it out and it was AWSOME! My brother has recently found out that a possible 1000 sprint class may be opened and will be competing in that. Maybe i will be able to try that! smile LOL. i have two best friends that are girls and we kick all of the guys butts! The boys are never happy, but they have to deal. Also my bro's girlfriend's sister races 600 sprints.Girls kick some serious guy bootie! I wanna be able to race in the micro sprints, fast and totally cute. Cute guys 2!!;) I wanna make it to the world of outlaw sprint races!!!!!!! Who knows!

Darci
smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Steve - Cars 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.