Print Thread
#155101 07/02/04 12:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was sitting in a patient's room today, waiting for the EKG tech to finish hooking up the patient. While I waited, I gazed out the window, daydreaming. Suddenly, a HUGE bird swooped by and I recognized it as a vulture. I had to contain my excitement because who wants to know there's a vulture flying outside their hospital window!? In silence, I watched him float on the thermals. I wonder how many patients have seen vultures at this hospital and not known what they were seeing...

Marian

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#155102 07/02/04 09:19 PM
Gecko
Gecko
Hmmmm....yes, I can see how not everyone--particularly those in a hospital setting--would view the sighting of a vulture as a good omen. I'm sure many people have seen vultures at this hospital and not known what they were seeing.

We took an early morning walk in the country a few days ago at one of my favorite turkey vulture sighting locales. A large number of vultures were still roosting in trees, many with their impressive wings spread out, and I lost count after counting four dozen. I was wondering if some of them were this year's crop of fledglings, already looking quite adult like. Some of them were in trees close enough to the path that I could have gotten some decent shots of them with my digital camera. By the time we were leaving, a number of them were leaving their roosts and taking to the sky and the thermals.

Leequi

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.