logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#152736 12/07/03 06:30 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Yesterday I was at a craft fair at our local Civic Garden Centre. One of the many wonderful exhibitors was an older gentleman whose nature and wildlife photography just blew me away. ALL of it was stunning but there was one photo in particular that I couldn't stop staring at. It was of a loon on a lake, caught feeding a seed or something to her chick. To have captured such a moment is amazing enough but to have the photo come out as wonderfully as it did, is real talent. It is such a close shot, too (that must be some zoom lens he has!!)

As far as I know, he does not have a website but he does have an unusual offer: He gives away free CD's of 175 images of his work. I emailed him today, requesting one. I have never in my life bought a picture or photograph from an artist from an exhibit before (mainly because I could never afford to!). But I would seriously consider purchasing this particular one...I wish I could show it to you... :love:

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's incredibly sad that most people do not have an original work of art in their home. In this age of digital reproductions, prints, etc., it's much cheaper to have a copy of a work of art, sigh. How much was he charging for his photos?? I hope it's within your price range and that you can put his creative efforts on your wall. Just one purchase can go a long way in promoting the arts. I can't wait to get my own house, so that I can put up the works that I have acquired over the years...

Marian :kiss:

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Well, on his flier, it says that Limited Editions go from $129 to $289, framed (only 25 of each image are released in the limited editions, and there is a certificate of authenticity provided). I guess it depends on the size. There is also *Open Edition Photographs*. I don't know which category the loon was in. I asked him if he sells the pictures unframed and if so, how much they would be.
I think a frame is kind of personal taste, too, don't you? It can make such a difference and can change the whole look of a picture, whether it is a painting or a photo. I can't actually remember what the frame looked like yesterday, I was so taken with the photo itself. Hmmm, maybe it doesn't make such a difference after all... :rolleyes:

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.