logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Leequi Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I probably shouldn't be posting this news release yet as I may not have caught all the details accurately. I was making breakfast this AM when I heard on one of the network morning TV shows that a little chipmunk had apparently hitched a ride in someone's RV. I think the vacationers were returning to Utah from California when he was discovered. Lucky for him a pilot donated his services and flew the little guy back to his home territory.

If I've gotten some of my info confused, please let me know.

~~Leequi

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet he'll have quite a story to tell to the other chipmunks now!! I love those little guys. We would camp a lot when we were growing up, and our chipmunk stories could fill an entire book. I'm so glad he was able to get home. That pilot deserves a special wildlife award!!

Marian

I didn't hear about the hitchhiking chipmunk, but during a recent wait in the vet's waiting room I read a story about a hitchhiking cat. A trucker on an interstate traveling over 70mph was flagged down by a passing motorist yelling "Cat! Cat!" repeatedly. Finally, the guy pulled over at the nearest exit only to discover that a cat was riding on a 6-in wide beam that ran underneath the length of the bed of his truck. The trucker said his last stop was over 400 miles ago, so the poor cat had been riding there for a very long time. It was covered with oil and was taken to the nearest humane society where it was cleaned up and cared for. It made the national news (maybe you all heard about it) and the H.S. received 100s of calls from people claiming the cat was theirs. The H.S. gave the cat its 10 day waiting period then put it up for adoption. The first day it was up for adoption, there was quite a line of people waiting outside the shelter when they opened their doors. An elderly woman arrived at the shelter at 6 a.m. and sat in her lawn chair and waited. She's the one who got to take the cat home with her. A happy ending for the poor little guy, but oh what an ordeal to have gone through. How in the world did he hold on?!

Mmmmmmmmmmm....Baps

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.