logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
A friend of mine gave me a few of her houseplants, as she recently moved to a new apartment. The two I got just didn't seem to be happy at her location, and as she knew I collect succulents, she felt I could provide a good home.

The one I'm trying to identify is happy at my house, but I have no idea what this plant is called. It's very bushy, with lots of thin, spindley branches. The new growth comes from the ends of the branches, and sort of form little clusters of shoots.

I'll take any guesses as to what it might be, or a good reference to a web site with a LOT of pictures....

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I have some cactus I am trying to identify! Maybe I could send a photo of the plants and someone could help me? These grow in a bush type shape, though not big, and are covered with thorns. They are actually soft in the spring and summer thought they can stick you and turn hard as wood in the fall and winter. They grow wild on my property and I am curious as to thier name! Like Rae I certainly could use a reference guide!!

Lori - Editor Roses/Basketball/Water Gardens

Plant photos help a lot. It is really hard to ID a plant just from the description alone.

For cactus photos, two good sites are www.cactus-mall.com and www.cactusland.com.au

For succulents, the best bet is probably www.desert-tropicals.com.

Connie Krochmal

Love takes time...
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I finally figured out what the succulent is that I got back in January!

A friend of mine sent me to a site to show me a picture of some lithops she had just gotten. I saw something that looked similar and did a few successive searches as I saw pics that looked more specifically like what I had.

I'm pretty sure I can say I am the owner of rhipsalis capilliformis, aka Old Man's Beard. And the plant is doing great all these months later too!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.