logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
WASHINGTON - A religious liberties lawsuit brought by a Satan worshipper, a Wiccan witch, a white supremacist, and an adherent of an ancient Viking religion is drawing the impassioned support of major national religious groups as it approaches a hearing before the Supreme Court.

The case is potentially the most important religious liberties case on this year's docket, impacting how far a state can go to accommodate the religious practices of its citizens and whether Congress can require states to be more accommodating.

for the rest of the article from the NY Sun, go to
http://www.nysun.com/article/6765

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
do you know where else the article can be found? I can't see it in it's entirity as it's requiring me to sign up and fork over cash.

Illy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I cAn PuT HanDlEs on LOts oF ThInGs
Gecko
Gecko
I'm all for religious freedom, but what more is wanted? Isn't the freedom to practice enough? Do we have to one up one another all the time...why don't we just leave it alone and be happy? I think it's silly.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
One of my personal biggest complaints is the disappearing separation of "church and state" in this country. I'm all for letting anyone else do their own spiritual thing, but I object to the addition of the words "under God" in our Pledge of Alligence, I object to being made to swear on a Bible and the increasing display of things like crosses and the Ten Commandments in public courts.

To me, it is as oppressive as people telling me that I'm going to Hell because I don't follow their faith, when my own doesn't have such a concept.

L
L
AMEN TO THAT!

Er, I mean, "Right On Sister!" <grin>

What's most galling is the people who say (about the pledge, etc.) that that is how "the founding fathers" intended it. First, what about listening to the founding mothers for a change? Seriously though, most people don't realize how the religious, okay, lets be honest, the Christian, phrases got added to our civil society. The words "Under God" on currency was a sop given to religious lobbists around the time of the Civil War. The addition to the pldge was made durring the 50's when America feared the spread of "godless Communism."
Now we're all afraid of Muslim extremists, and the Christian extremists are having a political field day with it...

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.