logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
my site is located at http://www.ceruleanbutterfly.com

if you would like to hear more about my stance on pro-ana sites, you can watch the interview i did with KTVU news here: http://www.ktvu.com/video/3901698/detail.html i think the interview came off a little biased toward the anti-pro-ana side, but hopefully i made at least a small point.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
hmmmm.... well on one side I sooo envy those who actually have the will power and the control it must take to not eat..or to enduce vomitting after they do eat... I just can't even imagine it personally..and I know it has GOT to be one massively huge mental challenge. One that I seriously can't even relate to as I'm on the other end of the spectrum completely! I love my food! I'm weak and rarely can control myself when it comes to the delicous foods out there...*mutters*

One thing that cought my attention here though is the bracelettes...that is the coolest idea!! Does any of the diet and health groups out there have this sort of insentive deal? If not I think they should! What better way to keep the whole idea foremost in one's mind then to wear it at all times right on their wrist...

wow...I love that idea!

S
S
Eating disorders are so incredibly painful. I am a recovering bulimic, so I know what it's like. I decided to seek treatment because the bulimia wasn't "working" anymore for me. It was hard to hide all that behavior from my loved ones. Once I got into a serious relationship with the man who I will be marrying in 6 days, I realized that I couldn't isolate myself forever. Some of the best help I received was from pro-ana/pro-bulimia RECOVERY sites, where a lot of people who were still struggling could vent, share experiences, etc. I still have issues with some foods. I have what I call "safe food", which is what I know I can eat that won't make me fat. But I have managed to slim down (being bulimic doesn't make you thin, FYI) and avoid being constantly bloated and I've stopped making myself puke after eating fattening foods. I am now at a healthy weight, and I've got to force myself to tell myself I'm not too heavy at this weight. As far as Fat Acceptance sites and Pro-Ana sites, I don't think either one is particularly helpful for treating either condition. I think there should be more websites that promote healthy body image and good health, as well as healthy relationships with food.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Spectra I have to agree with you. And congratulations too!! I support the recovery sites but not sites that promote being anorexic as a form of weight control. I HIGHLY recommend the book Runaway Eating for any woman to read. It is susposed to be geaered to woman over 30 but even teenagers can benefit from it. I have a review for it in one of my articles. There is a nice excerpt from the book there and also, one of the authors checks the forums regularly. She is a dietician so if anyone has any questions for her, start a new thread with the subject Hey Nadine or something like that. She is a super nice woman! I think I will have another contest soon because I still have 2 copies of the book sitting on my shelf at home.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.