Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
L
Just curious as to how much spinning is going on out there. Are we doing the "at least half an hour a day" that Ghandi recommended? I'm not, but then it's pretty hard with three kids to take care of. I try to carve out time some afternoons and when I'm watching TV to do a little spinning. I'd say I spin, maybe, two hours a week...sometimes not that often.

I'm going to have to make a better effort.

Then again, I go through phases where I spin almost every night, too. Especially when I get something new.

How about you?

Cara

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wen Offline
I think at least five or six days a week, in part because I need just enough yarn to keep ahead of my knitting and in part just because I find spinning is something I can do when I can't focus on anything else.

Wen

Read about an ordinary house-wife as she melts down and pokes at people with her knitting needles.
http://pointysticks.blogspot.com
i "try" to spin at least a half hour every evening. i dont always make that but i do try.

mitzi
I'm just getting started again, after rehabilitating a torn labrum in my shoulder that prevented me from knitting or spinning for nearly a year! (Although I've been able to knit now, for about 6 months). In celebration, I brought a drop spindle and some fiber to my office with me... I think I will try to get in a little spinning time every day at lunch. The wheel stays at home, when I have th luxury of a few hours to devote to spinning, all at one time.

Stephanie

E
E
spinning is a must for me. if I go tooooo long without it I am a wreck and have to sit down at the wheel for a while to recover. Do you think I may be addicted to this hobby??? Everyone does ask me what I plan to do with all this yarn I keep producing,,,,,, uhhhh I gotta do something with it??? It's not enough that I produce it? Anyone else get this response from people or just want to spin and don't necessarily need to do anything with the produced yarn.??

I spin every evening. Perhaps because it is still new to me. It's so relaxing!

Monica
Check out Spinnerella's Blog!
L
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
L
I'm sad to say that I haven't been spinning at all, but I have been eyeing my wheel wistfully. We are building a home, or getting things ready to, and it's all I have been able to concentrate on the past two or three months. The one great thing about all this sacrifice is that I will finally have my art room that I have dreamed of!

Cara

[color:"purple"]I spin everyday, and sometimes several hours a day, but this is a new business for me as opposed to the days I did it just for myself! I love doing it. As I am also a writer I find myself sitting with spindles all around me and piles of fiber and I will move back and forth seemlessly between the spinning and the writing. It's a natural progression for me.

Blessings to all,

Maitri [/color]

Wabi-Sabi Handspun Yarns
http://www.wabisabihandspunyarns.com
Yarn sale through August. 15% off!

Women Weaving Dreams
http://www.womenweavingdreams.blogspot.com
S
S
I try to spin every day. But, with the holidays I haven't had time to spin. When I do spin I try to fill a bobbin.

R
R
I spin almost every day!
Then,I cannot quit, so it is an " Romy's adventures at PurlDotKnit rgeissler@gmail.com all the time" thing for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.