Print Thread
L
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
L
We're looking for input from YOU. What would you like to see at [email]Spinning@BellaOnline.com?[/email]

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I would love to see a "start to finish" small project -- from fiber prep, through simple drop spindle spinning, and finished article -- perhaps something knit or crocheted?

I would be a great way to encourage those new to spinning to give it a try with minimal investment and hopefully maximum reward! If one is working with only wool, the project could be extended to include a fulling process -- perhaps a mug mat or a coaster? I see so much surprize and pleasure on the faces of those that create a useable, managable project for the very first time!

Stephanie

B
B
:music: I would like to see video clips on the steps for Drop spindling and different draws for spinning on a wheel. fish

Wen Offline
I would like to see more of how to spin novelty yarns. I think it would also be neat to feature some fiber bearing plants from seed to spindle so that those of us that can't currently own goats or sheep might have some more information about homegrown fiber options. (I know there's cat or dog hair, but my Great Dane just isn't a chiengora producer :rolleyes: )

Read about an ordinary house-wife as she melts down and pokes at people with her knitting needles.
http://pointysticks.blogspot.com
I'd love "how-to" classes of pretty much any kind... I'd particularly love to see something on plying, as that seems to be one "class" type subject that I rarely see covered and I'd love to be able to get it right without guessing.

I'd love to see a section for favorite patterns for different types of homespun (bulky, laceweight, singles, blends, etc).

E
E
I love all these ideas and would love to see some video on the drafting techniques and how to make designer yarns.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:22 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.